Seymour Duncan Custom 7 Humbucker

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by 7deadlysins666, Apr 3, 2009.

1. 7deadlysins666

7deadlysins666 kvlt

I've had a Duncan Custom 7 humbucker in my 7420 for over a month now. Has some wiring issues that I have to fix (my fault :wallbash: I Suck with solder!) I have it wired 1 humbucker, 1 push/pull 250K Volume. It sounds Amazing, especially in the Basswood 7420. Its got a whole lot of clarity, a whole lot of punch, but its Quiet! Of course its LOUD and crunchy when you're playing, but I have no issues with hum or noises from it. With the humbucker split it Really gets a Strat-like tone. Very twangy and snappy, I love it! I think it could use a bit more output, just a Bit more crunch to it, but honestly I can dial that in on my amp. Price is reasonable on these also, so if you're in the market for a new Pup but are on a budget...try one of these badboys out!

2. daemon barbeque

daemon barbeque Banned

Try it with a 1 Megohm pot .You might even get sweeter tones.

3. 7deadlysins666

7deadlysins666 kvlt

I'll have to try that... im about to rewire my new Agile Hornet with a Blaze Custom.... maybe i'll try it with a 1 meg pot.

4. ChasingThieves

ChasingThieves SS.org Regular

Hey guys I'm about to buy one of these for my Kramer striker seven, tight bottom end in these? And do they ring out chords nicely?