Sevenstring.org Get in Shape contest - starting today, June 25th!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Drew, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Banned

Forgot I posted in this thread. I think it's pretty good to say I'm 195 now. :yesway:

2. eclipsex1

eclipsex1 SS.org Regular

Most recent picture I have:
    [​IMG]

One showing you how fat I actually am that's a bit older:
    [​IMG]

Height: ~5'11
    Weight: Usually 180, although I've caught it at 160 and 205 before. Either my scale is messed up, or my body is haha.
    No idea on the measurements.

I need to start working out and running again. =x. Lately I've been going through kind of a depression, and haven't been working out much. I still have time to lose some weight, though. I'm only 16, so hopefully I'll eventually get it off. =x

Anyway, there. Haha.

3. FortePenance

FortePenance SS.org Regular

holy shit this thread is still stickied. this was the thread that prompted me to start working out 2 years ago and looking at my original post in this thread I can't believe I was that light. In 2 years, I've gained 17kg, done without supplements although i've started taking creatine since the past week. they make my farts stink.

4. groph

groph SS.org Regular

Alright boys, I think I'm in this. Though I'm probably not going to be getting jacked or anything, I just want to lose some fat.

Height: 6 feet even

Weight: 250-255
    Waist: 40, I can wriggle into the odd 38.
    Chest: No clue. Bigger than my waist.

I have a big frame, broad shoulders, I am the perfect candidate to become a manbear but for now I just want to lose the gut and tits. I'll explore the idea of gyms but I don't want to get huge, maybe put on a bit more bulk so I look good in a tight shirt but nothing super serious.

5. chimpinatux

chimpinatux SS.org Regular

Wow, just found this thread, you all make me feel tiny, gonna try and put on some bulk

At the moment,

height: 5 10
    weight: 128 lbs...
    just took some measurements and i have a waist of 30" and chest of 35",
    And im 21

Crap im gonna have to do some serious eating...

6. groph

groph SS.org Regular

So far I've been eating only when hungry and I haven't overeaten since Friday. I know that's only a couple of days but that's still an improvement. Generally for a "snack" I'd make 2 enormous peanut butter and jam sandwiches. No more. I'd often eat an entire box of Kraft Dinner to myself with nothing else to do with it. Now, I'll have a third of a box and eat some goddamn vegetables with it and save the other 2/3rds for goddamn later.

Today, I exercised some goddamn portion control and only had a bit of chicken when I'd normally eat like half the fucking thing. And guess what? I was goddamn full. I just ate a fuckton of salad and when I was done with that shit, my slow ass stomach finally told my fast fucking brain that it was full. And guess what I dressed that salad with? Fucking Italian. None of this fattening horse jizz Ranch bullshit. Fuck that noise.

So an hour ago I got legit hungry again. Fuck yeah. That meant I didn't eat a boatload at supper and I actually burned a meal so I had a bowl of good-ass homemade chicken noodle soup. One bowl. Not a bowl and a bunch of other bullshit I don't need.

Tomorrow I'm having a fucking omelette with canned spinach. Fucking love canned spinach, that shit is real. Mean and fucking green. That's how I roll now. Fuck your white bread and giant bowls of pasta. Fuck your excessive carb consumption. My fat cells will happily commit suicide over the next few months.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

7. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Time for a post on this one... Just so I have people to remind me of this stuff.

As of 6 July '11:
    Height - 1.96m (6'5")
    Weight - 81.35kg (179lbs)
    BFP - 14.1%
    BMI - 21.2

I'm taking a month off in August for some extensive traveling etc, but I'll be doing as much exercises as I can while I'm away and plan on going back to the gym asap.

Started my 3-day split monday. Chest/triceps, legs/shoulders, back/biceps. Varying ab/gut workouts every session. 15 minutes of interval cardio as well.
    Not taking any supplements yet, but I'm lowering my alcohol and salty/pork meat intake and trying to eat better. I'll be looking into supplements sometime soon.

Main goal is to gain strenght/muscle mass and lower my BFP just a few %. We'll see how this goes. Lets do it!

8. eurolove

eurolove SS.org Regular

if you listen to anything listen to this, 6 evenly spaced meals providing 24grams of protein is a must if you wanna bulk up. also lift heavy weights leaving each muscle group of your body time to recover.

9. chimpinatux

chimpinatux SS.org Regular

Havnt logged in in ages, so never saw this, but i have to say its definately on the right track, ive been doing something similar for the past 4 months now and im up to 142 lbs

10. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Started my new 3-day split 2 weeks ago... Currently weigh 85kg @ 15% BF.

11. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

I dunno if I ever posted in this thread before, but I finally started getting in shape. Not for the contest, just becuase I am entering the Canadian Forces next month and need to get in shape lol. I really needed a DRASTIC lifestyle change in so many ways, so this seemed like the best option, especially a kick in the butt physically (I work best under pressure)

So from the beginning of November, I was 235 (5'10) and couldnt run more than 2 minutes before gassing.. and I started my workouts pretty light and dieting is hard, but its coming along. Mid December last weigh-in was 208 - can run significantly longer and can hit 35 pushups/situps in good form.

Still far from my goals, but I have one month before I get on a plane. Gonna step it up a notch with the dieting, running, long distance walking and maybe even start something like P90X or Insanity for 30 days (might help)

I must say dieting is the hardest part of getting into shape.. I have had some big slipups lately; one weekend my parents went to Boston for a Bruins/Leafs game, and bought me and my brother like tons of junkfood (pop, chips, hungryman frozen dinners ugh) and last week I was doing some massive work for a job, so I bought a case of pepsi and a huge brownie =/ But mostly its just all water and healthy foods. Gonna make it a strict goal starting wednesday (after my birthday) that I will not drink ANY pop at all except for XMas day... and keep on the salads/etc.

Its progress! but I wish I started this years ago.. I really do feel better, and getting this gut off is nice.

12. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

I'd love to get fitter, I could probably jog for about 1km before I caved and started walking. I'm not overweight or anything, I've got a little bit of a gut, I'd just like to start jogging in the morning or something, just to improve fitness.. and maybe some weights or something, just tone up a bit. I've got an app called Couch to 10km, which has a day by day regime of running, with like 30 seconds jog, 5 minutes walk for the first day and so forth. I might start doing that eventually, I've been meaning too for about a year :lol:

13. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth SIGN YO REP

Start today. Procrastination will screw you harder the longer you wait, as I'm sure most of us here are aware :lol:

14. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

speaking of procrastinating; coming back from xmas break is soo damn hard. I didnt eat as much as I usually do over xmas's, not much junkfood at all just a lot of turkey, but my running has slowed to pretty much once a week, and just started my weights/pushups/situps again yesterday (that makes it about 8 days off, since I stopped on Dec 21st which was my birthday)

I do feel quite rested, like when I went for a run my legs didnt hurt at all like they were for the past month, and my arms feel great too due to the light workload, but my cardio has dropped some which unfortunately is my biggest weakness already.

Another factor is how damn cold it has become suddenly over the past week; back when I ran lots before xmas, the temp was always between 0 and -10, now winter kicked in and its like consistently -20 with windchill. Makes outside running so much harder (not to mention icy sidewalks) but oh well. Guess I have no choice but to do it. I think its gonna get back down to -8 this afternoon so planning my run for that time.

15. Evergrey

Evergrey SS.org Regular

Its like armaments race these days.
    Girls are getting bigger tits/ass/lips/whatever and
    guys bigger muscles. I wonder when its like who has biggest banana or push-ups in their pants...

16. agengxsi

agengxsi 7-hybridpicker

[​IMG]

me with black cap...at the national bodyfitness championship....
    im from indonesia...

17. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

But how much can you bench hahaha.
    Seriously though, wow, fantastic conditioning 4sure.
    I haven't been that ripped since,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,,never.

18. agengxsi

agengxsi 7-hybridpicker

the max bench only 150lbs...hihihi im only asian weak guy

19. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

is fucking baffled by people saying they are fat at ~160lb and 6 foot...

20. ghostred7

ghostred7 Banned

**EDIT: Mods pls delete, apologies about the necro**