Sevenstring.org Get in Shape contest - starting today, June 25th!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Drew, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Ok, since DelfinoPie decided today was as good a day to start as any, and I kind of agree with him, what the hell, let's get this rolling.

I'll post up weight, measurements, and a pic tonight. For now, any of you fuckers with a scale and a camera (optional) lying around, get to work!

Let's not worry about the cash for now, health is it's own benefit but if we want we can sort something out down the road. Likewise, let's get the ball rolling for now and then decide on an end date.

:metal:

EDIT - copied his post in; ignore the fact it's before mine, the system does this chronologically. :lol:

2. DelfinoPie

DelfinoPie Whoopsie Daisy! Contributor

Right so I hit 12stone today (168lbs) so I'm just going to start with this because this is the fattest I've been in a year.

I am starting 25th of June 2008 and will be finishing on :)lol:) 25th of December 2008

(If I'm correct thats 6 months so I end on Christmas Day :))

Measurements and shiiat:

Height: 5ft 11inches.
    Weight: 168lbs
    Chest: 44 inches
    Waist: 34 inches

Evergrey likes this.
  3. Makelele

Makelele SS.org Regular

Like I said in the other thread I'm still looking to put on some muscle, but not too much, as I'm already quite happy with how I look.

I'm 182 cm (5'11") tall and weigh about 82 kg (180 lbs), and looking to weigh about 85-90 kg (187-198 lbs). Not more than that though, as I don't really want to be huge. 90 kg is already maybe a bit too big - I'd probably look like a blond version of John Petrucci then. :D

85 kg might be just right.

4. canuck brian

canuck brian Bowes Guitars Contributor

I'm currently sitting at 186 at 5'9 and it's mostly fat. I'd like to be down at least one waist size and around 175-177 with more muscle mass. I get pics tonight of my muffin top.

Waist - 36
    Height- 5'9
    Weight- 186.

5. YYZ2112

YYZ2112 Um, yeah..... Contributor

I'm currently 190 at 6'-2" with a 34" waist. My mid section needs to be worked on. I'll post pics if that becomes the trend.

My goal is to be back at 175-180 and fit into my dress clothes for work that feel very snug at the moment.

6. FortePenance

FortePenance SS.org Regular

Ah, excellent I just went to the gym today.

[​IMG]

Start Date: 25th June
    End Date: Christmas Day

Height: 6ft
    Weight:61kg (134.2lb)
    BMI: 18.2 (0.3 underweight)
    Percent Body Fat: 11.6%

Goals: 70kg in 6 months. Better pectorial/arm/abs definition. I'm flexing my abs in that pic, usually they don't show. :ugh: Make ribcage non-visible. >_>

Plan: Gym thrice a week doing weightlifting mostly. No intense cardio for me but I do plan on honing up my football skills.

Diet: Not sure yet, but I need more protein. No supplements though.

7. Labrie

Labrie King of the Swing

Goodluck with that. Putting on lean muscle with a body type such as yours is a never ending battle. Unless you can afford to eat 100+ grams of protein every single day along with a few thousand calories, you're going to need a good protein, weight gainer and creatine supplement. Trust me, I've been there.

I'm pretty pleased with my body these days but I'm still looking to gain another 5-10 pounds. I used to be around 6ft and 145-150lbs. Now I'm hovering around 170lbs due to intensive training 5 days a week plus my diet.

If there is any advice I'd give to thinner people trying to gain muscle...make sure you're extremely self disciplined. Like I said before, it's a constant battle to gain and even maintain your weight, it just isn't in your genes.

I've seen many friends try to gain but they never keep at it and after a couple weeks, when they haven't made any progress, they lose interest. You have to force yourself to work out hard and work out consistently and then the rewards will come.

Good luck to everyone! :metal:

8. thadood

thadood 'Das brootal.

Hah! What a coincidence! I was about to post a thread in here saying that over the last few days, I've started working out and dieting. I don't really have a lot to add to this, but I can post what I'm doing, and my current stats.

Every night, I've been using an elliptical and doing low weight/high repetition weight lifting. I started all of this on Monday, where I could barely do 3 minutes straight on our elliptical machine. Tonight, I did 10 minutes without any stopping. It wasn't that I couldn't keep doing it, it was that my legs were so out of shape that I couldn't keep them going. I'm just now starting to hit the point where it actually starts making me breathe like I'm really working out.

With the weights, I've been doing mostly standard bench press, military press, etc. Starting light, at around 75lb total, doing 15 or so at a time, upwards of 10 times. I've also been working the forearms with preacher curls, holding the bar both up and down.

On top of that, I started loosely following weight watchers on Monday, as well. I'm not in the program, but my parents have all the information about it, so I know my target points and how to calculate what I'm eating. I've got the max points alloted (which is something like 44), but I can hardly get myself up to 30 with what I eat!

And for some statistics:
    Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 375lb (best guess.. doctor/hospital scales stop at 350)

I'm hoping to lose ~75-100lb. I think I'd look a bit too small at 250, due to my height and frame. As it stands now, a majority of the pain associated with working out is gone. My legs are still a little sore from the elliptical machine, as well as my shoulders/upper pecs, but it's not enough to cause me to not want to work out. It REALLY helps that my band mates and a few other friends are dead set on getting in shape. They come over to my house every night and we all motivate eachother.

9. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

5'11" and 168 and you think you're fat?

10. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

I'm sitting right around 200 5'9" and 18% bodyfat. I'll get pics when I can.

11. B Lopez

B Lopez Vescere bracis meis.

5'10"
    ~190lbs

Lets see if I can hit 200 by then :flex:

[​IMG]

12. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Yeah, I'm floating at 5'11" and 3/4" (let's not forget the 3/4") and about 196 right now. I usually like to go up to 205, but 188-189 is my ideal weight.

I'll even buy breakfast this time!

Can't believe we walked right past you last time at Denny's (or whatever it was)... Too much chaos at the kiddie entertainment capital of the world!

13. Mr. S

Mr. S tacos?

Glad this is getting rolling now actually, maybe it'll help me give up smoking (again) and exercising a bit more often than i have been of late :metal:

6'1"
    and about ~170lbs

wow, I've actually lost a fair bit of weight but I dare say that its mostly muscle as my previous job was rather physical where as now I just do office work and I'm definitely a lot 'spongier' around the mid section... so to speak :lol: , should probably get me some new running shoes and dust off the weights :agreed:

14. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

Sticked and cleaned of junk posts.

Keep this thread on topic.

I'm in as of tomorrow, I don't have anything to measure with in my hotel.

15. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Ok, stats and shit.

Height - 6'
    weight - 195 (heaviest of my life :/)
    waist at hips - 37" (yikes, I'veen buying 34's only since I stopped fitting into 33's - I'm more slovenly than I thought)
    stomache at most rotund point - 38.5"
    arms (flexed) - a measley 14"
    chest - 38"

Since the only picture posted thus far is by someone who, relatively speaking, is a beanpole, I think I'll hold for nwo. :lol: Time to go buy a road bike! :woohoo:

16. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 - Forum MVP

As I finally bought some scales yesterday, I'm in.

Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: 13st (182lb)
    Stomach: 39"
    Waist: 32"

I know it's bizarre, I just have a big overhang. I have approx zero muscle on me, so I really am a flabby guy. I'm ultimately aiming to get to 10st 5lb (145lb) which was the weight I was happiest at, and I last saw around 2003. I doubt I'll get all the way there by Christmas, but to be honest I'll be happy if I can get below 12st (168lb).

FWIW, my heaviest ever was 14st 7lb (203lb) when I was 18. I don't want to end up back there again, which I'm seriously in danger of doing. In the 8 months since I moved into my own place I've put on around a pound per month.

17. El Caco

El Caco Djavli te ponesli Contributor

I normally weigh myself first thing in the morning but I forgot until after I ate breakfast this morning, I've also been pretty slack lately due to travel and stress but I'm sorting that out now.

Height: 172 cm / 5' 8"
    Weight: 67.2 KG / 148 lb.
    Percent body fat: 10.7%

[​IMG]

18. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

man, all you guys are skinny.

i dont have measurements for chest and waist, but my size 38 pants are too a size or two too big, my belt is getting easier to put on at the last hole.. i need a new set of clothes lol, its all too big. even my "tight" shirt has a bit of hang to it now..

fyi, im barrel-chested (runs in the family), 5'11 abouts and 211 lbs. so all you 190 whiners, STFU!

I'm gonna buy some bike parts and get the ole heart rate up more often. getting your heart rate up, 3 hours a week, within a month you will notice a loss in weight :) - w00t health class

19. El Caco

El Caco Djavli te ponesli Contributor

Yeah but I've already lost over 10 kg, have a look at my sig, I started my diet 25/5/08.

I'm going to continue until I am happy with my abs definition, then depending on my weight I might try to develop some shape in my pecs, but I don't want too much more muscle as I like the light weight for surfing.

20. Mr. S

Mr. S tacos?

Brought some proper running shoes today, breaking em in tomorrow morning :metal: good thing too I've been drinking a fair bit recently and doing very little exercise, It'll be good to get moving on this properly now.