Set bridges with whammy?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by ericguitar48, Oct 27, 2016.

1. ericguitar48

ericguitar48 SS.org Regular

Hi guys ive owned a couple floyed/zr trem guitars and i love them as well as a fixed esp but i kinda wanted to try a fixed next with a whammy bar.

Any suggestions on bridges? i know kahler has one but just wondering what else is out there. Obviously geared more towards the metal side of things :shred:

Im asking this because in the next year or two im thinking of possibly going for a custom and id love a multiscale but i dont think i could drop 4k on a guitar without even the possibility of using a whammy bar haha.

2. vick1000

vick1000 SS.org Regular

What?

Fixed means no "whammy".

3. Bear R.

Bear R. Bear R.-

The only "fixed" type bridge that has a whammy bar is the Kahler..If that's what you mean...there might be another brand but Kahler would be your best, Im sure..

4. ericguitar48

Okay i kind of figured. i know theres the bigsby LOL but i aint throwing that on a daemoness any time soon :lol:

All im really after is a fanned fret guitar with a whammy. (to my knowledge you cant use a trem on a fanned fret guitar right?)

5. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

A Khaler is what you're looking for, and I've seen them on fanned frets before, so you can probably make it work unless you go really extreme with your fan.

6. JumpingInFire

JumpingInFire SS.org Regular

I think the term "fixed" is causing confusion. :scratch:

Fixed bridge typically means there is no whammy, so no vibrato (trem) of any kind.

I believe you mean fixed scale length, as in not fanned.

The only multi-scale option I am aware of is the Kahler, as previously mentioned.

https://www.kahlerusa.com/multi-scale-tremolos-bridges

7. ericguitar48

Okay i guess kahler is the way to go. The only guitar ive ever seen that was fanned with a kahler was an ormsby custom its seemd like a pretty midscale fan so its definitly do able!