Session Guitarist Wanted - Online Collab/Paid Gig

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by Improvising, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Improvising

Improvising SS.org Regular

Aloha,

I'm in need of a talented guitarist to lay down the lead and rhythm tracks for two songs I've been working on. (total length: 8:25) I play bass and keys primarily, and while I'm no slouch at guitar, the guitar parts I've written are too advanced for me to play cleanly enough for a recording. I'm tracking the bass, piano and synths myself and a friend of mine is going to track drums, but to be honest you'll probably be recording over a superior drummer track unless we can get a space to record over winter break. Both songs are a pretty eclectic blend of extreme metal and sort of parker/mingus-style bebop, (If you think of a prog metal version of Moanin' by Charles Mingus, you're headed in roughly the right direction [structurally I mean, qualitywise-- I wish! :p]) so applicants with a grounding in jazz as well as metal are preferred.

Both songs are tabbed out in a single .gpx file with full accompaniment and notes on tone included. I do want to stress that this is pretty advanced stuff, (think Corelia, BTBAM or even Mahavishnu; there's a lot of wonky chords in quick succession and awkward-to-finger 16th note runs at high bpm) which is why I'm willing to pay for a good recording of it. Expect having to retrack sections at least a couple times to get the tones and feel how I want them, but I'll try to give you the space and creative freedom you need to get the best performance and song possible-- and if you think of improvements to a section or riff, guitar or otherwise, that's just a (non-monetary :p) bonus.

I was thinking 50-100$ per track per song depending on the applicant's qualifications and recording set up. Method of payment will probably be paypal. When the songs are released I would have zero problem giving you a feature credit in the title (e.g. SONG NAME HERE feat. YOUR NAME HERE).

In summary:
    - Come play guitar on a couple jazz-fusion tracks that I'm confident are pretty different from anything you hear in metal today and get paid doing it!

- Rhythm and lead tracks for two songs clocking in at 2:47 and 4:48 respectively, $50-100 per track per song for a total of $200-400 for the project.

- Guaranteed production credit; a feature if you want it; some degree of creative freedom; possibility of future projects; relaxed time-scale, most likely starting after new years.

- Lots of wonky chords and fast, awkward runs. You were warned.

If you're serious about it, I'll inbox you the audio from guitar pro for you to check out. If you're still in from there, I'll send you the tablature. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks! :metal:

2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

This sounds interesting as hell.

I can't say that I'm qualified to pull it off, though.

3. OnTheEdge234

OnTheEdge234 SS.org Regular

SEnd me what the song is and I'll atleast try it and see if I can do it or not.