Second Guitarist needed for Progressive Instrumental Metal band (Boca Raton, Fl!)

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by IRIS, Apr 10, 2012.

1. IRIS

IRIS SS.org Regular

We are IRIS, a Progressive Metal outfit out of Boca Raton, Fl. We are in the writing phase of our first concept EP and we have been on the lookout for a second guitarist with no avail. I play a 7-string (who would've thought, lol) in CGCFA#DG. I am looking for someone that understands music theory to the point of knowing how to apply counter-point and 7th chord progressions. I am not necessarily prioritizing that we find a strictly rhythm guitar player but someone that can fit the niche while incorporating lead parts. I am the chief songwriter of this project but I'm willing to allow freedom to write with me as I do with the bass player and drummer. The amount of technical proficiency to play the material I've written is fairly high as I play in various odd-meter time-signatures. I use a high diversity of scales including modes, so please know a lot of your scales. We are not genre-specific but we draw our influences from many bands of the progressive metal scene, i.e. Animals as Leaders, The Faceless, The Contortionist, Veil of Maya, The HAARP Machine, Meshuggah, Born of Osiris, Vildjharta, etc.

We expect you have capable stage-worthy gear, transportation, over 16 years of age (we are 19,18 and 17 years old), don't do drugs including weed and alcohol (if you do smoke and drink, have it in check) and that you know a good amount of musical theory.

Please, send me an email via ze_mhs(AT)yahoo.com for details, questions and availability. Thanks!

2. thealexkelley

thealexkelley SS.org Regular

hey im actually attending fau right now but id be down to jam in the fall when i come back and most likely have a 7 string