Searls Guitars "100+yo English Walnut" run - limited places SELLING NOW!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by demonx, Mar 10, 2016.

1. demonx

demonx Searls Guitars Vendor

For over a hundred years a English Walnut Tree grew on a family farm just outside of Ballarat, a rural township in Victoria Australia. In its century long lifespan the tree had survived an extensive attack from termites, yet it lived on. Unfortunately for the tree and the family who had this growing in the background of their life generation after generation, the tree eventually died.

The tree was salvaged, slabbed and the timber meticulously stored in an air drying status preparing for it's future, to become some of the most stunning guitars I'll ever build.

Body shapes styles for this run will range from a vintage inspired single or double cut with '50s modeled pickups through to my modern super strats with high gain pickups.

I've have some rare Madagascan Rosewood fingerboards (pictured) I have set aside for this run, but African Ebony and other options are also available.

These single piece body blanks (pictured) I managed to salvage out of one on the termite effected "B" grade slabs, it'll be some time until I process the "A" grades slabs, but things are looking pretty damn good already!

Once all the spots are filled, once all the blanks are processed, I will then let everyone choose their body blank. I think the fairest way to do this is in the order you joined the run, first in gets first choice, last in gets last choice.

Don't stress if you're one of the last as there will be plenty of very nice blanks to choose from, each will have its own unique identity making it different from any other.

The run is estimated to begin construction in approximately 10-12 months, so you have plenty of time to organize finances, to reserve your spot you only need a AU$50.00 pre-deposit (Approx US$35.00). This is simply to stop people with no real intent on going forward from filling up the limited spots. The $50 comes off your total.

There are still a limited amount of spots available, so please message to ask about options and payment plans. The run price starts at $3200.00 (Approx US$2380.00) If the run does not sell out I will still build the remaining guitars as stock, but they will be priced closer to the $4k mark (approx US$2980.00). So it pays to get onto the run at the heavily discounted price.

For more information, to inquire about specs or to place an order, please message me via: www.facebook.com/searlsguitars or if you don't have facebook my email can be found at Searls Guitars Handmade in Ballarat Victoria Australia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

M3CHK1LLA, mnemonic and OmegaSlayer like this.
  2. Jaek-Chi

Jaek-Chi SS.org Regular

So keen for guitar number 2. Get on this run while there's some spots left all y'all!

3. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

yeah...#2 looks awesome.

i know its not in your build plan, but would it be big enough for an explorer/destroyer body?

4. demonx

I'm sure we can talk about building you something.

Send me a message on Facebook or email. Cheers

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  5. demonx

Stage 1 of this run is now sold out.

Stage 2 is now selling. There will only be two stages of this run, so get in now!

6. Jaek-Chi

Jaek-Chi SS.org Regular

These spots are going quick! Glad i got in nice and early.