Hey guys, I've been struggling with this wiring for hours now and I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on the issue I'm having. The pickups are Seymour Duncan Blackout 8's, and I just finished re-wiring the guitar after disassmbling the whole thing for refinishing. I've checked all the connections and they are intact, but I'm getting no signal from the pickups when I tap them with a screwdriver after the battery is connected. When I disconnect the battery, I can hear a decent amount of static and I actually do hear the pickups when metal hits them. I tested each position of the switch (3 way) and I can hear the sound coming from each pickup in their respective switch positions. I can also hear loud static noises when I touch metal components on the guitar without the battery connected. As soon as I put the battery on, the static goes silent and I no longer can elicit a reaction from touching any components, and can no longer hear the pickups react to the screwdriver touching them. I'm wondering if maybe the voume pot is broken now. I know the tone pot is functioning because I can reduce the static's treble response with it, and the switch seems to work when the battery is disconnected. I have no prior experience with active pickups, so I'm not entirely sure how this works. Is it supposed to so silent that I can't hear metal touch the pickup? If so, how do I test the pickups before restringing the guitar? Sorry for the wall of text, but any input you might have would be appreciated. I can also take some pictures of the wiring if need be.