SD Black Winter Worship thread

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Blytheryn, Jul 28, 2016.

1. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

That exactly happens to me even in mahogany with my Cpig 7, When I use my 5153 the highs are a bit shrill even with this apparently very dark pup. When I plug it into my Ironball the overall sound is great though.

2. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

It really worked well in the BW. I love the AV 7 string version and believe it should be a standard option. I think it would be interesting in a Nazgul, maybe warm it up a bit.

3. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Anyone tried the BW neck in the bridge position yet?

takotakumi likes this.
  4. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

Wouldn't it just be the same thing with lower gain?

5. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

:shrug: don't know. That's why I asked.

Are they voiced differently?
    Do they react differently?

ZombieLloyd likes this.
  6. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Hey guys, been watching and reading through this thread a bit and have a quick question. I have a Jackson pro soloist sl2q that came with distortions which I did really like save for they could be a little harsh on the high end when playing on the high strings. Seems like the black winters eq curve would solve that issue and be a little smoother for lead playing on the neck. From the reviews I'm ready these could be the answer. I put a Pegasus/sentient set in but have discovered with my light pick attack that I need higher output pickups. Was gonna go the way of the JB and something for the neck (couldn't figure out what) but the BW neck had me more intrigued than any other SD neck pickup and from what I read earlier in this thread the closest to some dimarzio type neck pickups. What do you guys think?

7. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

honestly the cheapest thing to do is a mag swap. Putting in a thicker a8 or ceramic mag will help make the pegasus/sentient a lot meaner/high output sounding. if you really want a bw neck I have one that I'm trying to get rid of.