Schecter Blackjack C7

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by AustinW90, May 20, 2010.

1. AustinW90

AustinW90 SS.org Regular

I got this guitar for $500 used w/a case.

It's very easy to set up and intonate. Accoustically, its my loudest electric guitar. There's no frett buzz or dead spots anywhere. It has a 26.5" scale, a Duncan JB7 in the bridge, a Duncan 59-7 in the neck, grover tuners, tone pros bridge, and a 5-way switch.

It sounds great plugged in. In fact, since I got it its been my main recording guitar. I even use it to record six-string songs! The 5-way switch is really great too. Before I got this guitar I was using push/pull pots to get single-coil tones, but I like the 5-way switch much better and will putting one in all my gutiars that can accomodate one.

I am very pleased witht the Duncan JB-7 and 59-7. Most people like to use EMGs and what not, but I prefer low output pickups and I even find myself rolling down the volume knob to clean up the Duncans a bit when recording.

Despite the wider neck, its very easy to play and doesn't take a lot of time to get used to. I actually find normal 6-string necks to feel strange to me now.

It would be nice if it came in finishes other than just flat black, but whatever.

Even for the price of a brand new one, its still one of the best bang-for-the-buck 7's out there.

Jeff Loomis of Nevermore used to use it and Alex Bois from Periphery currently uses it.

2. Ricky_Gallows

Ricky_Gallows lyketotallybrashdude

I got the one step up from this...super reliable and sturdy. great buy :)

3. wariomt

wariomt Ziltoid's Commander

I have one, awesome guitar, glad you like it :)

4. sell2792

sell2792 Back from the Dead

Great fucking guitars

5. No1matt

No1matt SS.org Regular

I bought the C-7 "ATX" Blackjack back in aprill for about £800. If this guitar is rated at 5 for all aspects then mine should be rated all 7's xD

The only issue i find personally with this model is the 7 string doesnt come with a floyd rose. where as the 6 string version and most of their other 7 strings come with one...

6. sunbasket

sunbasket SS.org Regular

Thanks for your review man! This helped influence me to buy a used C7 which I am taking home tonight to play....

The neck really isn't that bad, eh? IMO upper fret access is a bit easier than my bolt-on 7620

7. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

I have the 6 string baritone version of this guitar and love it as well. Its such a great player and great tone. The 6 string neck is pretty skinny unlike the 7s but all in all it plays great.