Scammer Alert (ugg im kyle/kyl3mcg@gmail.com/xzero09@gmail.com)

Discussion in 'Site News & Support' started by JohnnyD19, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

Man, good thing this never happened to me - since it's public info where he works I personally would've had no reserve to take a flight over there, show up at his job, and beat his ass. Better be careful there Kyle, if people have your info they can trace you easily. Give the guy what is rightfully his and stop being such a loser thief!!

Rev.

2. Iamasingularity

Iamasingularity 7string Ghost

This is just unbelievable. Just downright shameful. I don`t buy Kyle`s story at all. There just simply isn`t a excuse for such a thing. Reminds me of Roter guitars, the whole bunch. I`m suprised that nothing has been done to resolve this. Where I live if this happened, I would call on the police`s help to resolve such matters if it couldn`t between the trader/buyer. Though the OP was a bit soft to buy such a BS story for so long and talk about it now, I think you guys can help him resolve this issue. Its great to see the SSO community crackdown on such cases. The guys working on this have my utmost respect. Kudos to you all.

3. rythmic_pulses

rythmic_pulses Schmuck

Yeah...

Although I have never actually had a case like this before, I'm willing to believe that Kyle will send the guitar, although about the other buyer, I'm really not too sure, at the end of the day, problems MAY (and I mean on rare occasions) occur with anything you buy, either from online or from an FS post in the classifieds, depends on chance or circumstance on the sellers behalf usually, I once bought strings in bulk online and it was delayed by 1 week, due to a postal strike, either way, scam or no scam, delaying things for that long has no excuse man....

It's a little piss poor to be honest :scratch:

4. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

Personally, i think the right thing to do would be to wait for kyle to deliver the guitar. then ban his ass.

This could have been anyone of us getting screwed over.

5. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

Oh sheit, I didn't realize there was another guy he scammed.

:noplease:

6. wayward

wayward Banned

This, it's true. It's not like John is the only person that could have been screwed over. He already got neg feedback from a guy who got ripped off before John submitted his neg feedback (Which was after John had already traded with Kyle, so John couldn't have seen neg feedback before he traded). Kyle could have nearly ripped off any of us on the classifieds. I for one think he should be banned after John receives the guitar; Somebody with two accounts of taking people's money and running, and only finishing deals when he's confronted about it shouldn't be in such a trustworthy trading community.

7. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

:orly::ban::locked:

8. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    I had previously dropped a message to Kyle here so he was aware of this topic, and I'm glad that he's finally making good on this particular deal. I wasn't previously aware of the other negative feedback, but have now sent a private message to thepylestory, so that he/she also will have the opportunity to have Kyle make good now that he is past his various endeavours.

Kyle, I commend you for hopefully stepping up. I look forward to reading of you sewing up this remaining loose thread.

9. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Hey guys, leave the :ban:'ing to the pros. :yesway:

thedarkoceans likes this.
  10. thepylestory

thepylestory tunamelt

Thanks explorer for bringing this to my attention. I am the other guy that kyle screwed over. I got my money back from my dealings with him. He didn't give me my money back paypal did. Kyle kept pushing off the shipping of the item I purchased and eventually just stopped talking to me. Ugg I'm kyle is a scammer.

TRENCHLORD likes this.
  11. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Hey guys, not going to say this again, keep to the topic at hand.

12. fireheart82

fireheart82 In Flames i was Born

Pay him a visit. Make him pay the airplane trip and jacuzzi hotel room...

13. Explorer

I'm assuming that Kyle has now supplied a tracking number, no? And that Kyle is sending the instrument promised, in the condition promised?

At this point, as the topic has evolved a bit, I'm glad the information has become available. I've gone back and thanked the initial post.

I suppose the only thing left is for the OP to post about finally getting his instrument in the mail in the condition promised. I look forward to reading about it.

14. op1e

op1e Blood_Lust:Unlimited

^ Why did I just picture you saying that in Dirty Harry voice, with a cocked revolver?

15. ugg im kyle

ugg im kyle Banned

Who wants to inform me that I sold John's Washburn HM to someone else? Pretty sure i'm looking at it right now.

Sucks to suck.

16. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

I suppose its not really any of my business, but if an explanation for this whole things exists, I think it would help the reputation of those involved if said explanation were shared with the rest of us. If reputations aren't important to those involved, then never mind.

17. ugg im kyle

ugg im kyle Banned

I previously posted an explanation, I guess it was sufficient.
    Once again though, it's all been cleared with John.

18. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Wat?

19. Explorer

I understand you wanting people to not make comments on this transaction, which has taken over a year for you to ship it out.

What you are hoping for with your comments, and your negations of the OP? To set the record straight?

If the OP had truly been on board with you holding the instrument for more than a year, then it was wrong of him to post. You keep coming back to his having been informed, but the OP noted that you dropped out of contact... while he was still waiting for the instrument, and (although the OP didn't note this) while you had been engaging in all kinds of other dealings on this site. You yourself noted that you were in the wrong... although you gave the impression of it being somehow on the OP.

Similarly, thepylestory would have been wrong to give you bad reputation when/if you had sent out the instrument he/she had paid for, in addition to having fraudulently filed with PayPal.

I *guess* I can understand not wanting people to talk about me, but if I had ever done something similar, *and* if I were truly contrite, I'd have to accept the consequences of my actions. That would have included, in this case, copping to having dropped out of communication *after* not having delivered for almost a year, and additionally accepting that others would comment on the matter.

Personally, I'm skeptical that you suddenly decided to ship the instrument because you felt it was the right thing to do. I believe it was only because of this topic that you realized what consequences were possible, and moved to mitigate those circumstances.

I don't think I mentioned this earlier, hoping that you finally sending the instrument would be the resolution, but since you're intent on setting the record straight:

Are you saying the OP was lying about you severing all contact?

Are you saying thepylestory was lying about having to go to PayPal in order to get a refund for an instrument you never sent?

One more thought: The reason the SS.org classifieds work is because this *is* a community. People look out for each other, including mentioning when someone is out of line. That's part of being a community.

Speaking purely as a member of this community, I'd be appalled if someone only wanted the benefits of selling/buying/trading here, but didn't care about the community itself. Fortunately, reputation in this small community is something for people to either value or throw away through their own actions.

Cheers!

20. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time Contributor

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/guitars-sale-trade-wanted/171815-ibanez-s7420-black-pearl.html

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gu...d/142984-fs-heavily-modded-ibanez-7420-a.html

Let me get this straight, he gave you money to ship the guitar and you somehow weren't able to ship it to him. In the interim between when he shipped you the guitar and JohnnyD19 started this thread, you appear to have sold or traded 2 guitars (including the one that JohnnyD19 was originally trading for the Washburn). Still, you somehow weren't able to ship him the Washburn.

What kind of "personal en-devours" (sic) could possibly have prevented you from coming up with the ~$50 it costs to ship a guitar within the continental US?

I still can't believe you have the nerve to get angry with other members coming down on you for this, especially with the other incident where you didn't bother shipping gear for which you received money.

I think it's pretty clear you had no intention of honoring your end of the deal, and are only now attempting to do so because you feel it could threaten your employment.