Scammer Alert (ugg im kyle/kyl3mcg@gmail.com/xzero09@gmail.com)

Discussion in 'Site News & Support' started by JohnnyD19, Feb 2, 2012.

1. JohnnyD19

JohnnyD19 SS.org Regular

So over a year ago I made a deal to trade my Ibanez RG7420 for a Washburn 6 string. I included money to ship the guitar and to have the Ibanez set up. In that time the user has come up with every excuse under the stars not to ship the instrument to me. I'm beyond fed up with him. He's stopped responding to my texts as well. I wouldn't recommend dealing with the user ugg im kyle. He's screwed me over big time on this one. I know he's probably never screwed anyone else over and he seems to be pretty popular around here, but this whole situation has been absolutely unprofessional and criminal.

flexkill, Hendrix and Explorer like this.
  2. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

I would only ever sell to people here taking 100% cash up front and only buy from hardcore gear whores like Mesh, Engage, Adam, Nick, etc...that I know aren't crackheads.

3. S-O

S-O t(-.-t)

Attempt arbitration? Did you use paypal?

4. djpharoah

djpharoah Awwww Yeaaaah Super Moderator

Why you waited more than 2 weeks is beyond me :shrug:

Also to drop this a year later?? Are you serious?

5. JohnnyD19

JohnnyD19 SS.org Regular

I did use paypal. I'll try that. The only reason I'm dropping this right now is because we had been in contact and he'd seemed to be making an effort to ship it at christmas time. Then he stopped replying to text messages and facebook posts. I'm just fed up and needed to vent this out. I don't want anyone to go through the same thing I have. This isn't a personal attack on Kyle. It may look like it, because he seems to be a good guy, but his conduct when it came to this is beyond unprofessional.

6. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

They're just hiding it from us so they don't have to share :lol:.

Stealthdjentstic likes this.
  7. Isan

Isan Contributor

Now admit it! you only entered this thread due to googling "site:sevenstring.org mesh" didnt you ? :lol:

8. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    It's too bad this deal didn't work out. It's normally better to move on something like this sooner rather than later.

Since every one of your previous posts was purely in pursuit of buying and trading, and your last post before this topic was over a year ago, I'd like to express regret that you never felt the desire to engage more with your fellow members. Since the classifieds were your only interest here, and as even that minimal contact is now at an end, I suppose you're unlikely to suddenly gain any interest in the community as a whole.

I wish you luck in finding a community (if you even want that) and/or for-sale listings which better suit you. Cheers!

9. wayward

wayward Banned

And just to add, you also shouldn't say you'll never deal with "anyone" on this site again; It's not like everyone here is going to rip you off. I've traded several times here and nobody has ripped me off. It's actually a very good selling and trading community compared to other places.

10. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

I've had nothing but great experiences with people on this site. You just happened to catch a bad one.

11. wayward

wayward Banned

This is true. I have nothing bad to say about the Classifieds community here. Hell, I just got done with one of the fastest and smoothest trades since I started dealing on here. Don't let a lemon ruin the entire experience for you, broseph. ;)

12. kirbyy

kirbyy SS.org Regular

13. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

I bought a 2228 off a dude on this site, sent him 1k+ CAD pre-shipping and it arrived perfectly and on time, we're friends on Facebook now and all that jazz. Every transaction I've done has involved understanding, patient, workable people who have never scammed me once. Really fucking sucks to hit a flake, but I wanna say like the others that I adore this community in general. I think you could buy off someone on here and get your faith in it back; just check iTraders and see if they have a history here! :yesway:

14. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

Helps if you take the time to look here:

ugg im kyle

15. JohnnyD19

JohnnyD19 SS.org Regular

I'm sorry for any of the negative things that anyone took towards themselves. I was pretty worked up last night. I just remembered all of my information for this site and was able to get on last night. I wont be leaving here, because a majority of the people on here have been great to me.

guitareben likes this.
  16. thedarkoceans

thedarkoceans Banned

I'd say (for the mods): Ban him.this is clearly becoming his hunting ground,ban that guy.

just an idea,i dont want to be a mod-suggester haha :D

17. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time Contributor

From => http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/2825216-post45.html

Perhaps you should give Kyle a ring and tell him you are trying to hunt down that guitar he never sent you? If he doesn't want to deal with you, I'm sure his boss would be interested to know that Kyle is publicly identifying himself as a Guitar Center employee whilst scamming people out of guitars.

North Olmsted
    26635 Brookpark Road Extension
    North Olmsted, OH44070
    Phone: (440) 777-7900

18. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Good idea is good. Give em a call OP!

19. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    I had to rep Gunshow for that. The fact that Kyle put his information out there voluntarily was probably to gain sales, but it was his choice to do so.

I also like his actually having given permission to be contacted on this matter at work, as this is clearly about trying to hunt down an instrument he specifically was to send out. The irony is almost too much to bear.

The brilliance behind unearthing this is to be commended.

And, best of all, it made me laugh.

20. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

I try to chase down scammers that come through this site. I've talked to Kyle more than once and never saw any potential threat.. I've gone back and forth with him in an attempt to make a few deals, but never could get him to agree on any terms. That's not typical of a scam artist, so your story is a bit surprising.

If you need any help getting to the bottom of this, please contact me.