Saddam hunger strike

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by evil, Jul 24, 2006.

1. evil

evil vile

Anyone hear about this?

I highly doubt he could pull off a hunger strike as chubby as he is.

2. David

David je t'aime Contributor

I laughed when I heard about it. They should sell tickets, I think it'd be quite amusing.:lol:

3. DelfinoPie

DelfinoPie Whoopsie Daisy! Contributor

I think the correct response to being told this is:

"k"...then carry on with what you were doing before being told.

4. Mykie

Mykie Fatal Havoc

:lol: kinda like "Good for you saddam, have fun with it :fawk: "

5. Mastodon

Mastodon Songs about My Cats

If I were de-throned I wouldn't want to live either.

6. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

I really dont think anyone would care if he starved himself to death, lol.

7. METAL_ZONE

METAL_ZONE SS.org Regular

8. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

My sentiments, exactly. If he wants to starve, let himÂ…oh well. Maybe you shouldn't have tortured so many people, then someone might have some sympathy for you.

9. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

I seriously miss Hussein. Iraq was so much better off with him in power IMO. He was way too concerned about staying in power to be a threat to anyone.

10. bostjan

:ugh:

I hate to say it, but I sort of agree with you. Iraq was much more civil with Saddam around, even though he was a dickhead. I could still give a shit as to whether or not he starves himself though.

11. JPMDan

JPMDan IT'S OVER 9000!!!! Contributor

:lol: That is great, next thing you know he's going to be all super skinny from trying not to eat and then it'll say: I am so hungry :lol:

12. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 - Forum MVP

They're not going to let him though, they want him to face justice. They'll put some kind of nutrients in his drinks, same as they do with Ian Huntley (famous UK child killer whose been on hunger strike for years).

Well there were some rumblings, but I'm 99% sure it was nowhere near the level of threat we were told before the war started. Much forgotten is the fact that the West helped put him there in the first place. We helped overthrow the previous regieme (which I believe was a democratically elected one) because ol' Saddy was more friendly towards us getting lots of oil than they were.

13. noodles

noodles Contributor

Iraq was much better (for the world) with him in power. He kept the government secular, which prevented all these stupid radicals from fighting over whose narrow-minded, fundamentalist interpretation of Islam is correct.

What he did to his own people was deplorable. However, they didn't try to do anything about it. It would be one thing if we heard daily news reports of uprisings against the government, but we never did. Why does America keep thinking the middle east wants democracy? If they did, they would have it by now. They just want the west to leave them the fuck alone.

14. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 - Forum MVP

^Good point. One question that will never be answered though is were there more deaths under Saddam than there are know? I sincerely doubt it. Certainly people weren't scared to go about their daily lives under Saddam. They interviewed some Iraqi's on the radio programme my Dad listens to in the morning the other day. One said they expected to die everytime they left the house.

15. noodles

noodles Contributor

Completely irrelevant. What is relevant is the country, and therefor the middle east as a whole, was far more stable under Saddam. As harsh as this sounds, his treatment of his own people is no concern of mine. Injustice happens to people all over the globe every day, but most people rather tolerate it than risk their own neck for freedom from tyranny and oppression. There are plenty of historical examples of successful revolutions to show that you cannot oppress those who no longer wish to be oppressed. The French Revolution, and the summary executions of countless people of noble birth, is one of my favorite examples.

16. Dive-Baum

Dive-Baum Bite Me Fan Boy!!

Saddam is now on a feeding tube. I agree with most of you. When Saddam was in power at least we knew the enemy. Now with this Democraticaly elected "Government" over there there are more foxes in the henhouse than would have been tolerated under Saddam's regime. We had him under wraps before. Now we have to make nice with the new folks in charge over there..ie: let them address Congress tomorrow. We see how well other Democracies have worked out over there. Hamas elected in the Palestinian Teritories and Hezbollah elected in Lebanon. I guess Al Queda is going to be on the ballot soon in Iraq to complete the fuck up trifecta

17. bostjan

Actually we put him in power because we were pissed off at Iran, and Iran hated him. There were uprisings by the Kurds, but they kept getting squished by the military.

Everything traces back to us trying to piss off Iran. I really don't know why, but it does.