S470

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by LamaSabachthani, May 11, 2012.

1. LamaSabachthani

LamaSabachthani Gegen England!

Found a great Ibby s470 at a local pawn shop recently for a good price - the neck felt good and the body was nice, and I think it was a late 90s/early 00's model - since I don't much about Ibby's aside from the sig models and the RG550/7 strings, can anyone tell me if this is a good find? or just a bit 'meh'

cheers!:shred:

2. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Depends on the price and condition. I have an '05 model that I scored for fairly low and it's a great backup for my S540. If it's within your price range, I say go for it.

3. 7thstringofa7thstring

7thstringofa7thstring SS.org Regular

Yeah, I'd say go for it. Depending on the price.

I had an S470 for a brief period of a few months, nice guitar. Sounded really clear and to my surprise it had more sustain than I expected on it.

4. LamaSabachthani

LamaSabachthani Gegen England!

I think that was the model. It looked like it was in pretty good nick, to be honest, aside from a small crack in the ring p/u selector ring (I gather it is mounted sort of externally rather than the usual mounting inside a body cavity - I presume this is because of the thin body). I recall it being on sale for about 350/400 bucks. The neck looked nice and the body itself was pretty free of dings, iirc. I was looking to get a good 6 string to play when I want something to stand in place of my Ibby 7 (which, although pleasant, is showing the signs of its age).

Cheers for the input folks.

5. LetsMosey

LetsMosey djingle my djenitals

You can get an s470 for around $250-$300 on guitar center's used website. They aren't as good as the s540 (made in japan), but the s470 is still decent.

6. GhostsofAcid

GhostsofAcid SuiƧmez fanboy

One of these is near me for 450... I like it and it plays well but the price isn't nice enough and I have no interest in sixes anymore. :shrug: