Roy Moore accused of sexually assaulting a 14 year old

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Drew, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...art-1pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.a6c3ad039d5a

The alleged assault occurred when the youngest was 14 and he was 32, but three other girls have come forward claiming anything from sexual assault to inappropriate advances when they were underage and he was in his 30s.

Admittedly, after Trump, it's awfully tough to say how much of an impact this could have on the Alabama special election - maybe a couple percentage points, but in a tight race maybe that could be enough.

2. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

Yay conservative religious, family values!

3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Funny how these guys are willing to burn down Harvey Weinstein (a notable democratic donor), but will find ways to excuse poor ol' boy Roy Moore.

I'm seeing a lot of these guys admit the truth, at least. They're openly admitting they'll vote for Pedo Moore just so they don't let the D win.

4. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    I'm just going to note that in Alabama, sexual abuse of a minor child, younger than 16, is a felony with no statute of limitations.

Which means Moore might get the chance to clear his name in an actual criminal court.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. thraxil

thraxil cylon

I'm a little confused... the ultra conservative republicans usually get caught molesting young boys.

Anyway, he'll probably still win...

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

It'll be an interesting test of just how far we as a country have come with regards to tolerance for sexual assault, for sure. GOP leadership in Washington has been careful to caveat "if true..." but has been pretty quick to condemn this, but to be fair they supported Strange in the primaries over Moore, too, so that's hardly surprising.

Moore has (obviously) accused the Post of running a partisan smear campaign against him and this being an unfounded and baseless attempt by the Democrats to keep him out of Washington, preemptively running a piece in Breitbart before the story broke. And until there's more evidence, we of course can't completely rule that out. However, Moore is also extremely unpopular with the establishment GOP - remember, this is a man who's been removed from office twice for refusing to protect the separation of church and state - and I've heard some still-quiet speculation that this is a right-wing smear campaign, as well. It's certainly more their style, anyhow. Either way, the simplest explanation is that it's true, but we'll see what happens here.

I doubt it. This is something that happened 45 years ago, and while it sounds like the women have a number of other sources who can collaborate parts of her story, at the end of the day a he-said, she-said trial isn't likely to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Moore molested her.

AxeHappy likes this.
  7. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    I saw this comment about Congresional Republicans and laughed.

."Democrats are divided on single payer healthcare. Republicans are divided on pedophilia."

Then again, when even Jerry Falwell Jr. defends pedophilia, it just drives decent people away from affiliated organizations.

I do find that to be a strange side story: several of Moore's defenders are arguing that it's okay, and even Biblical, to molest young girls. Who knew?

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

It's a sad state of affairs when people are openly willing to admit they'll vote for a pedo over a democrat.

I fear for these people's children.

AxeHappy, Dcm81 and xzacx like this.
  9. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Well, the legal MARRIAGE age is sub-16 in most states. Like, in Kansas, it's explicitly 12! (Most other states, you can do as young as you want as long as their parents OK it) They can consent as long as you're their husband! So I guess that still doesn't explain the biblethumper support if they weren't married.

10. HeHasTheJazzHands

Oh, one more thing.

I'd like to know why Roy Moore can get away with this, yet Carlos Dangerous cant.

spoiler: It's obvious why. :lol:

Edika likes this.
  11. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, now they’re saying that it’s no big deal because he just made out with her. And that the 16 year old shouldn’t be complaining, because she was of the age of consent in the state at that time. WTF? :lol: Like these are good defenses.

AxeHappy likes this.
  12. Unleash The Fury

Unleash The Fury SS.org Regular

Did you guys all go to the same school? Boy scout clan maybe? Lol. This is a very liberal board i noticed.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  13. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

How 'liberal' of us to think that a 32 year old man sexually assaulting a 14 year old girl is wrong...

AxeHappy and xzacx like this.
  14. Unleash The Fury

No but this isnt a thing that only conservatives do

15. USMarine75

Totally agree!

But it seems like everyone, democrats included, are (now that it has become public knowledge) decidedly against Weinstein et al. Whereas, you have people on the right making the attempt to condone and/or mitigate what Roy Moore did (or may have done). And I'm ok with saying something to the effect that "we have to wait until all the facts are in" etc... but this is most certainly not that type of excuse.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/politics/moore-unholy-excuses/index.html
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/roy-moores-many-defenders/545609/

AxeHappy, Randy and Unleash The Fury like this.
  16. Unleash The Fury

Trump did say that he was going to crack down of sex offenders, i believe. So at least someones finally shedding light on these situations and people are coming forward everyday. We need more people to expose the corruption and perversity of hollywood especially

17. USMarine75

Yup... wait... what? So you are giving Trump credit for this?

AxeHappy likes this.
  18. Unleash The Fury

Not necessarily but it very coincidental then if its not because of him. But he did say that.

19. USMarine75

Fair enough.

One time... my mom had a heart attack... and I'm fairly certain, at some point during that day, that I did in fact step on a crack.

AxeHappy, Dcm81, tedtan and 2 others like this.
  20. Unleash The Fury

I have a website reference for just about every crack you stepped on today then :) say what you will about the sources, but here they are

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/trump-busts-1500-pedophiles-media-keeps-silent

http://eng.the-liberty.com/2017/6845/

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14176/sex-trafficking-arrests-soar-under-trump-msm-joseph-curl

www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/25713-dr-phil-interview-exposes-global-elite-pedophiles

columnists/lizcrokin/2017/02/25/why-the-msm-is-ignoring-trumps-sex-trafficking-busts-n2290379