RG550 style paint EU

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by cip 123, Aug 1, 2018.

1. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Hey there,

I recently had the sudden urge to mod an RG8 similar to Ben Eller's RG550-7 build -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgJFPCjdMLk

I know he states he used dayglo paint and it pretty much solves the problem of how to get those colours BUT I live in the UK and I'm not really wanting to pay $150 for a tin of paint.

So I was wondering if anyone had researched this before, the old RG550 colours, not after a specific one so if there is a close match on any colour I'll take it.

Cheers!

Calum

2. _MonSTeR_

_MonSTeR_ SS.org Regular

3. Omzig

Omzig SS.org Regular

Have a look at the canbrush range of sprays,avalible across the UK (£3-4 a can at my local hardware stockist)

C72 looks pretty close to bens RFR color (hard to tell as no 2 pics of road flare red i can find online look the same! some are more orange some a lot more pink)

Ive used the c55 flu orange on a dx350 over a white gloss base and man in the sunlight it's pretty F'in Orange!

[​IMG]

4. Pikka Bird

Pikka Bird Vaya Con Cornholio

"...we resemble, but are legally distinct, from..."
    That's really the problem with trying to find similar products here in Europe- the trademarked names make it quite a challenge.