Retro-ish Gaming!

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by 7 Dying Trees, Nov 4, 2005.

1. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    and Quake, quake was excellent, as was Grand Theft Auto (the view from above one). I remember we set up a network in ourr house at uni especially to network play GTA :p

2. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Oh, jeez, I forgot Diablo. Another game that isn't all that old, but that was one of my favorite gaves I've ever played - I loved the fact that, by the end of the game, you were fighting monsters that'd totally rip you apart if you weren't using potions and spells almost constantly and returning to the town to restock fairly often. Most RPG's I've played were populated with monsters that by and large weren't as tough as you were, but this one was the other way around.

Baldur's Gate II, for the record, is my favorite computer game I've personally played - engrossing storyline, massive levels, and quite challanging.

Also, shoutout for the original Bond on SNES, I believe - best drinking game ever. Drink when you die, drink twice for killing an unarmed man or for a suicide, and in a half hour no one's sober enough to shoot straight anymore. :agreed:

3. Roland777

Roland777 SS.org Regular

Goldeneye 64! Multiplayer madness!

4. Vince

Vince Contributor

heheh, yeah, or Jedi Knight LAN parties. :yesway:

5. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

Thief > *!

6. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

i had that on my computer, and would often edit the file containing vehicle physics :D

7. Firebeard

Firebeard Viking Lord

I happen to own one of the rarest original Final Fantasy catridges for the NES. It somehow leaped out of the NES slammed into the wall head on! So now it's 90% duct tape and it still works!

8. noodles

noodles Contributor

up down up down left right left right a b a b start

9. Scott

Scott Aye. Contributor

Im playin ff7 on on my comp right now, but what i really wanna do is get a NES emulator and download Kickle Cubicle. Anyone ever play that? Haven't played it since i was like 6. But man it was awesome...

10. Kotex

Kotex Trippin' balls

Phantasy Star I, II, III, and IV. Best fucking game ever. But also Road Rash, Kid chameleon, Mario 3, Defender, Pac man, Test Drive (the one where the only colors were Purple, black and white), Metroid, and a fucking ton of others.

11. Makelele

Makelele SS.org Regular

My favorite old games are Betrayal at Krondor and similar games. I guess most wouldn't call Fallout and Fallout 2 retro, but those are my favorite games ever. I also played a lot of Doom and Duke Nukem 3D.

12. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

Fallout is AWESOME. Sure, some people wouldn't call it retro, but it's 8 years old (came out in 1997 if I remember correctly). I also loved Betrayal at Krondor. I almost beat that game and my computer crashed and my file had been erased and I decided not to play it anymore. Then I got a new computer about a month or two later and, no matter what I did I couldn't get Betrayal at Krondor to work on the new computer, even with special Dos emulator programs...

I remember playing Duke Nukem 3D and Quake on the LAN networks at my friend's house with about 3-10 friends, all wasting each other in the world-select level of Quake (the first place you appear in the game). That was DAMN fun. Sometimes I wish I was back in high school in the late 90's so that I could do that again. Sigh... but then I remember how much I HATED high school and I don't think that way anymore.

Another game I really like is Undying (came out around 2000, definitely not retro at all), a first-person shooter with a horror storyline written by Clive Barker. It's very fun and very cool. Anyone else on here play it?

My alltime favorite games are probably: Final Fantasy VII, Fallout, Morrowind, Secret Of Mana, and Quake II (might be forgetting a few).

13. eviltoaster

eviltoaster SS.org Regular

i still own a NES.... :hbang: but my favourite game of all times is final fantasy VII for the easy-peazy PSX! (i liked this ff the most...)

14. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    I'd forgotten about test drive, the people in the other cars always looked really scared with their poor pixelated faces...

And I was addicted to Dungeon Master for ages, and finally beat it as well, took absolutely ages, including some scary as fuck moments in pitch darkness. Absolutely awesome game.

15. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

that game was fucking bad ass droping mines ALL OVER the place lol.that and wcwvs.nwo world tour was awesome too :hbang:

16. FoxMustang

FoxMustang SS.org Regular

Road Rash on the 3DO was this shit! Had a cool soundtrack for a videogame, too.

17. Kotex

Kotex Trippin' balls

I loved the ones on the Genesis. Me, my Dad, and my Uncle all used to play that 24/7. I remember them waking me up (on a school night) at like 3 in the morning to come play with them.