Replacing a Tune-O-Matic bridge

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by TheMasterplan, Feb 22, 2018.

1. TheMasterplan

TheMasterplan Creator//Destroyer

With one exception I've always used either Floyd Rose or Hipshot's fixed bridges on my guitars. I recently purchased an Epiphone Les Paul 7 string (the Matt Heafy sig, not the old ones from the 00's). I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I wanted to pick up some new components for it (graphtech black tusq xl nut, Hipshot griplock locking tuners, SD Blackouts) but I'm looking into getting a Hipshot Tone-A-Matic bridge for it because the band I'm using it for tunes to A Standard and I understand that the bridge handles larger gauge strings better as well as having a magnetic bit to keep the bridge and tailpiece in place when strings are off.

Since I've never replaced a bridge I just need to know what I need to consider before purchasing it. Aside from the dimenions of the actual bridge and tailpiece, what do I need to consider as far as radius, string spacing, notched vs. Unnotched, etc? Matter of fact if anyone has one of these guitars some measurements would be great. Epiphone has yet to respond to my request for measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance .

2. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Email hipshot and ask if that bridge fits the guitar model :yesway:.

3. TheMasterplan

TheMasterplan Creator//Destroyer

The form requires a picture of the hardware, which I don't have unless they're looking for a product image of the guitar itself?