Recording studio should have two seperate forums

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Stare, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Stare

Stare Needs To Kill A Hawk

Hey there, been a lurker here for a long time and I post occasionally. This forum is indisputably one of the best metal and music related websites on the internet. With all that being said I would like to make a suggestion regarding the "Recording Studio" forum.

The "Recording Studio" forum is probably my most viewed, and loved forum on SSO. I have an idea that I think would probably make it more organized in the long run. Would it be possible to make that a category with two separate sub-forums? I was thinking along the lines of one forum would be for questions and how-to's on recording/mixing/mic placement, etc. The other forum would strictly be used for recordings from users.

I mainly bring this up because I thoroughly enjoy listening to what a lot of the users here bring to the table. I find it to be a consummation of lots of time weeding through pages of "track clipping, helpz" to find a random gem a user here hashed out and uploaded. So with my closing statement, I think the addition of a sub-forum would be an organized, time saving, and metal idea.

Thank you for your time! :hbang:

2. TonyGD

TonyGD The (other) Dude

Not to be "that guy" but the General Music Discussion forum already has "Post Your Band's Website (myspace/facebook/youtube/etc.)" and "The Official 'Post Your Youtube Vids' Thread (Post your covers here)" threads to post music in.

I think I understand your point though. You always have the ability to start a thread in just about any forum on this site, right? You could have easily been the person to start an Official thread in the Recording Studio forum for posting your own music for the purpose of feedback (from a recording/production) standpoint.

3. vansinn

vansinn SS.org Regular

Well, actually, I see the point. It would indeed be easier going through the sound things.
    Not sure how much needed this would be, though..

4. McKay

McKay ʎɐʞɔW

Recording should be;

Guides
    Mix Feedback
    General Discussion

5. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Yeah, but I think what he's getting at is that the Recording forum is FILLED, almost exclusively, with "check my mix yo," "check out this song I mixed," "help my mix," etc. I've gone back there every now and then to check it out and see if there's discussion on mixing, mastering, and 'recording studio' type stuff, but every time, all I find are mixes people post asking for feedback and opinions, instead of posts discussing how to achieve the type of results people would be happy for in a mix.

It'd be nice. I'd welcome it, anyway.:hbang:

6. Given To Fly

Given To Fly Contributor

I would also welcome it. :yesway: