Recommendations For Music News Websites

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by BenjaminW, May 6, 2018.

1. BenjaminW

BenjaminW SS.org Regular

I generally like to try and keep myself updated with news in the rock and metal scene here and there. My primary news source for music news is Ultimate Guitar and I'd like to expand to more places to get my news. I'm looking at Blabbermouth, Ultimate Classic Rock, and Loudwire the most. Any other places to check out?

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

It's dated, and more for little blurbs than long-form reporting, but I still go to www.lambgoat.com.

You can get a ton of news, band updates, tour information, etc. in a very short amount of time. It's updated constantly throughout the day too.

They cover just about all flavors of metal and hardcore specifically, but you'll see some rock, indie and other miscellaneous stuff from time to time.

I wouldn't use it as my only source of music news, but I think it's worth checking.

BenjaminW likes this.
  3. iamaom

iamaom SS.org Regular

Metalsucks is okay.

4. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Oh man I forgot about lambgoat classic. Alternative Press used to be alright, haven't gone there in years though.

Not sure if Alan Cross is known outside of the GTA/Canada, however, this he does amazing podcasts as well as fairly frequent updates about most alternative and rock related news. Not as much info on crazy metal but he has so much other general info its worth checking still.

http://ajournalofmusicalthings.com/

5. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

I usually check ThePRP and various Reddit subreddits for my music news.

They've become Buzzfeed for scene kids, and they also won't shut up about Twenty One Pilots or how badly they want My Chemical Romance to come back.

6. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Ugh yeah I popped over there for like 12 seconds after I posted that, made me throw up in my mouth real good.