Recommend me a nice guitar for $600 or LESS

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by iplayibanezrg, Aug 5, 2010.

1. iplayibanezrg

iplayibanezrg SS.org Regular

Hey everyone! so im getting a nice fat check today and decided I want to buy a new guitar. I have numerous Ibbys, a schecter hellraiser and a ltd ec-1000. The problem is im away at school and I only have my Ibby rg7321 tuned standard and rg350 tuned to Eb. I figured I need a guitar mainly for drop C because thats the other tuning I play in and I hate tuning my 7 to that:lol:

So can anyone recommend me a nice guitar with no trem for around $600 or less?

2. hxcdeathcore

hxcdeathcore SS.org Regular

Shecter Damien Elite or Schecter C-1 Standard.

3. RiffRaff

RiffRaff SS.org Regular

6-stringer under $600. Go for Agile :yesway:

Lots of threads on here about them, but they are supposedly great bang for the buck.

iplayibanezrg likes this.
  4. JackJeopardy

JackJeopardy SS.org Regular

Like a russian Prostitute? :L:idea:

5. iplayibanezrg

Ive played a few Agile 7s and an 8 but not too sure if I would like the 6s. I believe there is a used one at Sam Ash il have to try out.

Anyone have any experience with an Ibby RGD321, the Ltd MH-350NT or the
    Ltd H-351NT?

6. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time Contributor

Used is the way to go my friend. You will get a much better guitar for your money.

You can probably find a used RGA121 for $600, if you are a little patient. Probably the best non-trem 6'er Ibanez has made in years.

If you can scrounge together shipping costs, this LTD is a phenomenal guitar. I paid +$800 for mine new, but DCGL is blowing them out for $600. http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/d...urple-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P1550C428.aspx

EDIT: I realize how contradictory I just was. But a clearance new guitar is basically the same as used, as far as depreciated value is concerned.

7. iplayibanezrg

Yeah I really want an RGA121......its the only Prestige Ibanez I will ever own:fawk:
    I was going to sell a guitar or two to get one but if i can find one soon i will definitely buy it.

Still keep the suggestions coming. Im curious about what others will recommend.

8. AvantGuardian

AvantGuardian Orange Vigilante

If you're looking in the used market, see if you can find a Jackson SLSMG. I got mine (a little beat up) for $350 on Ebay. Japanese Jacksons are generally great guitars for the money, especially used.

9. jl-austin

jl-austin SS.org Regular

Godin Redline1, 2, or hb. The Redline 3 has a tremolo. I believe the 1, 2 and hb models can all be had for under $600, they are North American made, fyi.

The Ibanez RGA32 is a pretty nice guitar for the money as well. I recently played the new RGD321, and I was not as impressed with it, for some reason. However, it is somewhere around $500 as well. Not a bad guitar for tuning down.

I believe the Japanese Jackson dinky (pro series), with a TOM is around $600 as well (and it comes with a case).

The PRS SE Mike Mushok ($620ish) is a pretty nice guitar, it is a baritone, which would make tuning down to drop C a piece of cake. It comes with a bound ebony fret board.

10. AHelm

AHelm AHelm

ive seen some parker niteflys go for around that....loads of options, and kind of fun to play

i loved holding my old p42 knowing people were looking at me funny, but i loved it for the way it played too

11. Sebastian

Sebastian Poland CEO / RHLC ©

:agreed:

12. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

PRS SE custom 24. Fuck. Yes. after a good set-up of course.