Recommend lush multi-reverb pedals

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by kindsage, Sep 16, 2017.

1. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

So I just got a Neunaber Immerse and wow am I dissapointed. On almost every setting, even with all the knobs DIMED, the reverb is just too quiet. And I've run into this problem with lots of reverb pedals. On most if not all settings, the dry signal dominates the mix, barely letting the reverb character through. I'm looking for at least ONE pedal out there where the hall, spring, and plate settings satisfy me in terms of volume.

Boss RV-6: Every setting was too subtle except for the mod-verb and shimmer
    Hardwire Supernatural: Best plate reverb I've ever heard but the hall and spring were weak sauce
    MXR Reverb: Again, the plate and spring settings were way too quiet, and there's no hall setting

Just my opinions ^^^

Any suggestions for LUSH, huge sounding plate, hall, and spring reverbs? I don't care about modulation, shimmer, echo-verb, octave, etc...

Looking to stay under $220 (what I paid for my Neunaber)
    Also looking for something very simple. I don't need a Big-Sky or Eventide.

Thanks all :wavey:

2. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Used Blue Sky. Done. You basically get two reverbs in one so don't let the price fool you.

TheWarAgainstTime likes this.
  3. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

If you look at the top/front of the pedal, there's supposed to be a "kill dry" switch that's right beside the power supply jack. If you give that a flick, I'm sure it'll help a lot.
    Also, with the RV-6, if you only plug into the "B" output, it acts as a "kill dry signal" output as well and the reverb effect becomes much more dominant.

Another option might be the new TC Hall Of Fame 2. They've upgraded it with a couple of new reverbs that include a "Shimmer" mode as well as 3 "toneprint" slots where you can literally create your own reverb setting with the editing software. I have the 1st gen one and it's killer for the price.

The "kill dry" demo starts at around the 16:40 mark.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  4. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

The reverbs on the blue sky are really wet right? You can heavily dial them into the mix?

5. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

Thank you. I tried the kill dry switch on both my MXR and neunaber. It's a very cool effect that I like to use from time to time but, not what I'm looking for as a primary reverb sound.

Spinedriver likes this.
  6. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Good lord sir, how much wet verb are you looking for?!

My Hardwire RV-7 gets so cavernous on the max hall setting, that it's mostly unusable.

Spinedriver likes this.
  7. Spinedriver

I don't know if you've looked into the TC HOF at all but like I mentioned previously, the Toneprint editor will let you literally create your own reverb setting. You can add modulation, tweak the decay time and it'll go anywhere from subtle to massive.

8. budda

They're wet if you turn up the mix knob. Give one a spin.

9. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

I think I'm going to do it. One thing though. I know there's a "room" setting. Can that be adjusted to sound like a big hall/cathedral type reverb?

Plate, spring, and mod are cool, and I do want them. But, at the very core I'm looking for a strong, basic, hall setting. Most "room" reverbs I play have way too short of a decay time

10. budda

I only ever used the plate setting. I would check youtube to see if anyone does an in depth clip of what the room setting can do :yesway:

kindsage likes this.
  11. KailM

KailM SS.org Regular

I am 100% satisfied with my original Hall of Fame. I mostly use the "Church" setting with cleans for an absolutely enormous sound -- and you can definitely hear the effect over the dry signal no problem. The Hall setting is nice too by I prefer the Church mode. When playing distorted and just messing around, I use the "Room" setting turned up a bit which is just right for tight, fast riffs without muddying up the tone or washing out. The Church mode only works for me on leads, but what it does for leads is legendary...

Spinedriver likes this.
  12. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

I'm trying to figure out how any of the reverbs mentioned has too little Reverb on tap. Can you post up a video, clip, or some other example of what you're going for?

13. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

Definitely a Blue Sky! It gets 100% wet and the reverbs are gorgeous and lush. The Favorite/preset option is a nice plus as well :yesway: probably the only reverb I've tried that even comes close to the satisfaction of my Big Sky

14. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

Alright its done. As soon as a i get the refund from the Neunaber I'm picking up a Blue Sky.
    I watched some more demo videos and it appears the "room" setting really can be used as a deep hall setting.

So that means it checks all the boxes. Spring, Hall, Plate and the ability to get really wet if needed. The small footprint is a plus too

The EHX Cathedral seems to check those boxes too but, I'm going to see how the the Strymon goes first.

TheWarAgainstTime likes this.
  15. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Why don't you save some cash and grab a
    ZOOM MS-70cdr...

Here's a rather convincing video:

16. Spinedriver

I have the CDR and the reverbs tend to have a slight 'digital' quality to them. It doesn't hold a candle to the likes of the HOF or the Strymon. That being said, it is good to experiment with and there are a ton of delays & chorus effects as well but the sound quality just isn't there when compared to higher priced units.

wakjob likes this.
  17. metaljohn

metaljohn SS's Only Dick Butt

The Old Blood Noise Endeavors Procession and Dark Star reverbs are both fantastic.

18. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

I kinda figured that in person those pedals would be a bit further apart in audio quality, but you can't really tell by the YT vids.

19. Spinedriver

Don't get me wrong, for the price, the CDR can't be beat. All of the effects really are usable and it's great for someone who wants to experiment with using multiple delays/reverbs/choruses at once and not have to buy half a dozen pedals. It's just that for someone looking for very high quality sound might be a little bit disappointed with it.

wakjob likes this.
  20. budda

If the Blue Sky doesn't do it, grab an Empress Reverb.