Recent video game purchases...

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Vince, Dec 11, 2004.

1. FoxMustang

FoxMustang SS.org Regular

I loved the HL2 car levels - probably because that thing sounds so cool damn cool, especially when you hit the boost :) I loved rolling up on a settlement, jumping out, blasting on some baddies, then jumping back in the car and tearing off. Lots of fun.

The crane part was pretty wicked. I remember the first time, I parked the car juuuust out of range of the crane. I didn't want to go down and move it, so I managed to swing the big magnet out just far enough to grab the car. Cool moment.

2. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

That's what I did, hoisted the car then opened fire on the poor suckas...also dropping one of them metal ship crates on the baddies had its share of laughs...I'm kinda stuck on the bridge...I'm outta rockets and that flying manatee thingy is pluggin me arse but good :scream:

3. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

That part sucked hard. :agred:
    There's more rockets towards the middle.

4. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

of the bridge? I may have used those already, I tend to use things sometimes just for the fun of it...you ever blow one of them creepy crawly things up with a rocket? YEEEOOOOWWWW!

5. telecaster90

telecaster90 Smokestack Lightning Contributor

Spiderman 2 anyone?

Damn, I play that game just to swing around. hehe

6. Vince

Vince Contributor

So, Drew, you're saying you want a game that absolutely kicks your ass?

Go buy an Xbox, and buy Ninja Gaiden. It's one of the most difficult, yet fun games ever made. They made the first two bosses in the game just about the most difficult to beat. The idea is that the real game starts in level 3, and you better be damn good at the game to get to that point. It took me several frustrating hours to beat the first boss, and it took over a month to figure out the second boss' weakness.

However, one you know their weaknesses, you own them. Each has one, but it takes forever to learn. I had kept up on the message boards for the game, and many many people were extremely frustrated. I almost returned the game after playing for a month and not being able to beat the 2nd boss.

Bar none, the best action game ever made. The graphics, play-control, and depth are just awesome. Once you learn how to fight with the character's strengths and style, it's amazing what opens up in that game.

7. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

No, after I kicked the Baldur's Gate habit, I rediscovered my social life. I'd missed it, lol. ;)

Hmm. Sounds like something I'd like. I'll try to resist, but if I crack you'll be the first to know. :)

-D

8. LordOVchaoS

LordOVchaoS NUDE MAN! Forum MVP

Legacy Of Kain - Defiance is proving to be pretty cool. I lost my social life when I discovered Final Fantasy.

9. Elysian

Elysian Banned

i got gran turismo 4 the day it came out, love that game... also got GTA:SA recently, thats bout all i've got in the last year

10. Dylan7620

Dylan7620 that guy

GT4 :hbang: soooooo sick. cant wait till the PSP version comes out... anyone else try the PSP out? the thing is amazing.

11. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

what i just realized, is that i think i am (was) the only member with a video game oriented avatar, even though i don't play them anymore :lol:

[​IMG] = the black wizard from Final Fantasy (the first one)

12. Vegetta

Vegetta SS.org Regular

Only Game I have been Playing is World of Warcraft .. I dont like Console games much tho I have a GBA and have played a few enjoyable games on it...I will prolly get a psp at some point or other...

13. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

Yeah its great smashing guys w/ either your car or huge shipping crates