Recent video game purchases...

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Vince, Dec 11, 2004.

1. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

That's why FarCry is one of the greatest FPS out there...the game just blows my mind. I love the fact that there is never just one way to get the job done...death is welcomed for it gives you the oppurtunity to try other ways. Also stealth is huge in this game, in fact it blows Splinter Cell out of the water.

Oh and about SC, I was a huge fan of the first one but the second one was way to linear for my liking...lets hope they do right on the third.

As far as Thief goes, I played the original and I recall having to use moss arrows for walking on certain surfaces, water arrows for cleaning up blood and so on, now in this latest installment, I can run around and still I never get caught...in fact if I remain crouched, the enemy never, ever gets a peice of me...

2. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

jedi outcast is a great game. of course, i didn't really play it for the thrill of being skillful, i used cheat codes to aquire the light saber right off the bat, and tried my darnedest to chop everyone to pieces :D

3. WayneCustom7

I played the one that was playable on Xbox LIVE...man I got smoked every time...then again i get smoked no matter what I play online...horray for Doom III and co-op

4. FoxMustang

FoxMustang SS.org Regular

If you hate omniscient AI, don't play Far Cry. It completely ruined that game for me. The levels are very wide open, and if there's a line-of-sight, the bad guys will see you instantly and start blasting on you. You'll be running around, then start getting shot from out of nowhere, and you probably won't be able to see them to shoot back because they're so far away and the terrain is so complex. One of the more frustrating games I've ever played, it could have been so much better. (I wonder if I even played the same game as Wayne because it would not allow me to be stealthy AT ALL, and I tried very hard :scratch: )

I never could get into Thief, but I love Splinter Cell.

5. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

I liked FarCry, but you're absolutely right. The graphics made up for it though. Great physics, great graphics, wretched AI.

6. Vince

Vince Contributor

Of all the action games I've played, Jedi Outcast had the best storyline. It was very true to Star Wars. Kyle Katarn is such a complex character, and the game's action is top notch. I was actually not very impressed with the sequel, Jedi Academy. The sword fighting in Academy was just button mashing, especially later in the game when you got the dual or 2 lightsabres. Outcast's fighting was more movie-esque, with plenty of saber locks, blocks and parrys. It was a much more fun game IMO.

7. WayneCustom7

Funny thing is, I never played the stealthy way, I'm there to do a job and that's to destroy the enemy...

8. Chris

Hrm, speaking of HL2..

Vince, you got a save-game somewhere up around the near-end when you shoot rockets at the striders?

I just realized that I'm formatting my hard drive right now on my other machine, and I forgot to fuggin' save my savegames. :lol:

9. Vince

Vince Contributor

You know Chris, I play the game about once a week, and I'm only at the point right after where you first get a team to lead... so if you want that savegame I've got it for you, if not, sorry dude I'm not there yet :)

Now if you wanted a KOTOR savegame... :)

10. macalpine88

macalpine88 SS.org Regular

i was writing out 2 PX songs inside black and ignotus per ignotium. my dad deleted 2 months worth of stuff that i had done on powertab. god i was pissed and still am :mad:

11. Chris

That'd be fine, as long as it's past the friggin' part where you drive that rediculous buggy and load 12 times every time you go into a tunnel. :D

12. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

You know, if you want to know how out of the loop I am here, the last game I played that REALLY impressed me was Diablo. Why? Because by the end of the game, you were fighting things that could absolutely WASTE you - you were constantly going back up to town for new scrolls or potions just to keep the edge against monsters that were far, far tougher than you. That was refreshing, so many of the Doom-era fighting games I'd played were populated by monsters that you could mow down, and were only dangerous in large numbers...

Oh, and I got completely hooked on Baldur's Gate II for a while, forgot about that, lol.

-D

13. macalpine88

macalpine88 SS.org Regular

i loved baulders gate 1 for GC. i recently out of boredom started playing final fantasy 9 :metal: . a few months ago i sat down for 2 days straight and beat halo 2 on easy because i would get capped 2 minutes into it, very fun game :shred:

14. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

yeah... i really liked how you could choose different styles of fighting for different enemies/situations. the jedi mind trick was always fun to, with hopping into the bodies of the enemies and blasting away the other enemies lol. crap, now i want to play it :p

also, the fab storyline made me wonder about the possibility of an episode 7.

15. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

Since my last post in this thread:
    A new PS2 (The thin ones) and:
    Granstream Saga (PS1)
    Rumble Roses (boobs : D)
    Armored Core 2
    King Of Fighters Maximum Impact
    Gonna go out and buy Armored Core 3, the new Tenchu & Spy vs. Spy next month.

16. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

If i still have my saves in here, i got an arseload of them, i played the hell out of that game. You'll wanna do the part with the buggy, cause the middle part of it with the giant crane magnet is fun, and the bridge part is cool too.

17. Vince

Vince Contributor

That crane was the high-point so far. I loved it. The dune buggy level was seriously long.

18. WayneCustom7

I got severe motion sickness from the boat and buggy part...I can only do those levels in small bits
    Oh I purchased Azurik from Ebay the other day...5.00 Woot...I miss that game. I traded the dang thing in before I could finish..I know the reviewers chewed it up, but its really a great game, considering all the crap that's out there now.

19. keithb

keithb Forum MVP

Anyone have God of War for PS2? I hear it's quite impressive...

20. WayneCustom7

A friend of mine has it...he says its the best PS2 game ever....now I regret selling my PS2...

Any ICO players out there, now that was a game!