Reccomend me a....

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Digital Black, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

cheap effects processor with a good sounding delay, reverb and chorus. For a rack setup to go after my cheam 2k preamp for the guitar..

2. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

GSP2101!!!

3. Josh

Josh Guest

Define cheap. :D

4. Chris

:fawk:

5. Digital Black

under 250 used or new...preferabley new

6. Chris

Hrm.. In that case, I've no idea. :( Maybe a rackmount POD? I've seen them around $300 or so on ebay.

7. Digital Black

:confused:
    :confused:
    I think of a POD more for it's preamp not effects...Besides Line-6 is shit.

maybe a Nady sdp-20 or a Alesis Midiverb 4......

8. Vince

Vince Contributor

Don't cheap out on the effects, dude.

Look at it this way, you're going to buy a $300 processor, then in a year or two you won't be happy with it and you'll buy another $300 processor, then later on you'll eventually purchase a $1000 processor and be happy with it.

Why not skip the wasted $600 and just save up to buy the one you want. Besides, that Chameleon 2000 you got already has mid-quality effects on it. If you're gonna upgrade, buy something nice.

My Recommendations:

TC-Electronics G-Force, $1300 new
    TC-Electronics G-Minor, I think $600-$800 new (this is their cheapie model..still pretty damn good)

Lexicon MPX G2, it was $1300 new (I don't know if they're still being made, I'm sure you could find one on Ebay if not), and is a little more user-friendly than the G-Force

Lexicon MPX-1, about $800 new, not specifically meant for guitar, but works nicely as a processor in a guitar or studio rack.

That's it. That's all I'd recommend for under $1500. I have the G-Force and could not be happier with it.

9. Digital Black

But I'm stone cold broke. If I could I'd have a digtech 2120 but....I have to make do with what i can for right now. Also I suck at ebay auctions so I stick to places like music go round...
    I'm in the preparation stages of purchaseing a house so i have to be careful.
    I need something with a bit more individuality then the Rocktron as far as effects which is why i'm considering something that is dedicated to just that...

10. The Sleeper

The Sleeper SS.org Regular

Hands down a Rocktron Intellifex, you can pick these up all day for around US$150 on eBay. They are definitely an under-rated & deceptively powerful FX unit that sound great and are ultra quiet & very transparent due to their internal signal routing which is like a parallel setup of sorts. The signal is split into 2 after the input stage, 1 signal goes directly to the output stage (dry signal) & the other goes through the FX processing circuits before going to the output stage (wet signal), the 2 signals are then blended together at the output. This keeps your original signal (dry) pretty much intact so you don't lose your tone & natural dynamics due to the entire signal passing through an A/D converter, being processed, then passing back through a D/A converter. So basically what you will hear is the sound of you rig being plugged directly to your speakers, but with the FX blended in, not washing out the entire signal.

I have 2 of them in my rig & absolutely love them. As a bonus they have excellent midi implementation capabilities, and have absolutely no drop outs or glitches when changing programs, they respond instantly to midi commands.

Catch ya later.......Joe :)

11. Vince

Vince Contributor

I completely forgot about that. yeah, for the price range the Intellifex is a good choice. I know the guys in Flotsam & Jetsam both used the Intellifex for years. It's a good processor. I don't know why I didn't think of it. I do remember the Replifex I think it was called as well. If you can't find an Intellifex maybe that'd be a good runner-up. The Intellifex is definitely better, and like sleeper said, you should be able to find it cheap (pawn shop, e-bay, etc.)

12. Chris

F&J fucking rocks. Drift is one of my top 10 albums of all time. :hbang:

13. Vince

Vince Contributor

They still play locally here in Phoenix. Flotsam is a great band to see live, even in a small club.