Reaper not making any sound?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by pastanator, Dec 26, 2017.

1. pastanator

pastanator SS.org Regular

the faders pump but no sound actually happens. I can render projects and they’ll play fine in windows media player but nothing will play within reaper itself. this started yesterday out of nowhere. Anyone know what’s up?

Update I switched the output drivers from Asio4all to wavesound and got audio, although it’s super staticky and gross. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling The Asio stuff and that did nothing. Still no sound when set to asio and static garbage when set to everything else

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  2. pastanator

Here's another update: It works fine when i use wavesound, plug my speakers into the headphone jack on my computer, and plug my pod in direct usb instead of an interface, but theres latency because i cant use asio. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  3. pastanator

So what it was was that I'd somehow changed my ASIO configuration to use the Realtek whatsits instead of my interface. Relief factor is a thousand. Posting this just in case some poor buffoon like me does something similar and tries searching for it.

4. pipelineaudio

pipelineaudio SS.org Regular

As you found, ALWAYS check options/prefs/audio/device for this sort of problem, or just click where the sample rate should be in the top right corner and it'll take you directly there