Randall iso cab

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by theunforgiven246, Sep 17, 2006.

1. theunforgiven246

theunforgiven246 BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!

ok i have a few questions about this cab. first how does it sound? is it actually quiet enough to use in an apartment? if it is still too loud could i wrap it up with blankets or something to make it quieter? is it possible to hook it up to my 5150 combo and just use it as the only speaker so its quiet as possible? i'm asking this cause i dont think i could part with it. i just love the sound i get out of it and want to keep it and still be able to use it in an apartment.

2. aldog1330

aldog1330 I like beer

I haven't heard anything real good about the Randall ISO cabs. There is one new brand that has been talked alot about on the Harmony Central forums, but the name escapes me at this point. Lemme see if I can find it.

3. JPMDan

JPMDan IT'S OVER 9000!!!! Contributor

4. LordOVchaoS

LordOVchaoS NUDE MAN! Forum MVP

http://www.axetrak.com/ :agreed:

I've heard some AMAZING recordings done with this. I've also been told that with an amp cranked this is at whisper volumes.

5. aldog1330

aldog1330 I like beer

That is the one...the clips I've heard are gonna make me buy one for my new apartment. Amazing, and even when cranked the amp is not even at conversation volumes.

6. JPMDan

JPMDan IT'S OVER 9000!!!! Contributor

Interesting. :hbang:

7. Christopher

Christopher Total Rondo Addict! Contributor

I've got one of the Randall ones. I don't use it much anymore because my Vetta doesn't need too much volume to sound good. I liked it a lot for tube amps though.

It does a pretty good job of quieting things down. It's not like a whisper quiet thing though. I could turn my 50 watt power amp to about 75% without it being to loud outside it. I did use it to record a lot and it was cool for late night jamming when the kids were in bed. I put it into a closet in the studio in the basement and it kept it super quiet.

The recorded tones sounded pretty good, there is a slight mid rangey hump in it but it could be dialed out pretty easy.

I might sell mine if you're interested. I just don't use mine that much anymore.:cool:

8. theunforgiven246

theunforgiven246 BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!

the axetrak sounds boxy to me and i dont like that sound. i was wondering if there were any recordings that used the randall. i know dime used it on the damage plan cd but my copy got stolen.