Quick help with a bibliography page

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Auyard, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Auyard

Auyard SS.org Regular

Had to write a paper on John Brown for US History. I haven't done a works cited page since my eleventh grade year and now I'm a sophomore in college. We have to use MLA format and I used an online resource but hopefully some intelligent people can make sure everything is on the up and up.

1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Reynolds, David. John Brown, Abolitionist. 2nd ed. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 2005. 1-94. Print.
    2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Russo, Peggy, and Paul Finkelman. Terrible Swift Sword The Legacy of John Brown. 1st ed. Ohio: Ohio University Press, 2005. 61-76. Print.
    3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Stauffer, John. The Black Hearts of Men Radical Abolitionists and the Transformation of Race. 1st ed. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Press, 2001. 95-133. Print.
    4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Carton, Evan. Patriotic Treason John Brown and the Soul of America. 1st ed. New York: Free Press, 2006. 1-346. Print.

It might possibly have to be in alphabetical order? I don't remember.

2. Mr. Big Noodles

Mr. Big Noodles Theory God

3. Auyard

Auyard SS.org Regular

:yesway: Thanks.

4. Pareall

Pareall SS.org Regular

5. vansinn

vansinn ShredNeck into Beck

I'm writing on five books, two ready, though none released yet.
    I use almost the same format, ordered as "Author, Title, Publisher, Release/Print Date, Media Type (print/digital) and Availability.

I don't know the format you must use, but your approach looks fully correct.
    The only thing I might change would be "Print": Maybe change this to 2 or 3 types, depending on was the reference in printed form, still in-print, out of print, or available electronically from this or that library.
    Like i.e.: Print, available. Out of Print. Library of Somewhere, digital.

Oh, and I grabbed one your book titles, looks useful for my book on geopolitics ;)
    Where and when will your work be available? I wanna read it..