Questions of Value! Agile 828 intrepid pro

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by NeverEnoughTone, May 17, 2016.

1. NeverEnoughTone

NeverEnoughTone SS.org Regular

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about trying to trade my Agile 8 for a decent ibanez seven with a trem and lo-and-behold a 99 Japanese RG7620 showed up on kijiji near my area for $600/or trade. Before i message the guy i just wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice on the value of my guitar/ if this trade is worth it/ if I am an idiot/etc.

So i bought it used about 5 years ago for 700 CAD, and then two years ago i upgraded the pickups to the Lace Deathbar, and X-bar alumitones. The specs are:
    -Mahogany body
    -Maple fretboard
    -5 piece maple/walnut neck-through body design
    -No inlays on the neck - position markers on the side of the neck only
    -24 jumbo frets
    -String through body
    -Die-cast Grover sealed tuners model GH305-18 with 18-1 ratio for fine tuning
    -Graphite nut
    -Satin polyurethane finish

So yeah, any advice or information on whether I am being reasonable or delusional would be much appreciated/ and the perceived value of my axe :hbang:

2. Spicypickles

Spicypickles 8 string Warrior

Worth a try - they go for a little less on reverb most of the time. You should just ask.

At the worst you could offer cash on top.

3. bzhan1

bzhan1 Banned

I doubt he'd even go for it. The ibby sells for around $500+ since it's becoming rather sought after and is equivalent to a $1k new guitar. The agile is $500 new and even with upgrades they're probably worth $3-400 at best. USD that is.

4. Ericjutsu

Ericjutsu SS.org Regular

I bought an Agile Intrepid Pro 828 for $290USD on ebay. It was in pretty rough shape but nothing that affected the tone and playability and after a thorough cleaning, it looked much better.

5. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

I would keep the 828. I was pretty disappointed in most 8 strings I tried until the 828. The 28.625" scale length just works.

6. ykittgo

ykittgo SS.org Regular

The agile is $500 new and even with upgrades they're probably worth $3-400 at best. USD that is.[​IMG]

7. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

Yeah, unfortunately all those cool upgrades are probably worth more removed from the guitar... I have two $1000 Agile 9-strings, I'd be lucky to sell them for $300 (why anyone would sell them, I don't know)

8. MajorTom

MajorTom Supreme Being

Offer to throw in a guaranteed happy ending rub and tug with the trade, and you just might get the owner of the RG7620 to agree to the trade, especially if you offer to throw in a couple of hundred $$ his way as well.