Questions about selling on ebay

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by animalwithin, Nov 11, 2016.

1. animalwithin

animalwithin SS.org Regular

I really want to sell a guitar of mine on eBay as I think I'll get a much better deal due to the exposure.

However, I've never sold anything as large and fragile as a guitar on eBay so I am unfamiliar with the shipping costs of shipping something so large.

My biggest concern is someone wanting to return the guitar. It is in excellent condition, yet I've sold things one eBay before in excellent condition only to have a buyer request a refund over something dumb and trivial.

Apparently, even if you mark "No Returns" on your listing, a buyer can still demand a refund and if you don't give them one, they'll leave you a negative review on eBay and will go after you on Paypal. Is this true?

2. Vrollin

Vrollin SS.org Regular

Be prepared to lose 10% of your sale to ebay.... Try and sell off ebay where possible.

3. animalwithin

animalwithin SS.org Regular

Ahh forgot about that, you are correct.

I've had no luck elsewhere, the guitar is an Eastwood which apparently doesn't hold much value, however its worth much more than Guitar Center was willing to give me and no one has called to inquire about it off Craigslist for months.

4. Jujex

Jujex SS.org Regular

get an estimate with USPS (I'm in canada so canada post for me) or fedex. They have calculators although every time I calculate with fedex it gives me a lower number than their office. Specially with international shipping. You can always leave the international shipping out and if you get interest just get a specific quote for that country from the post office.
    Also insure your item before you ship.It's usually 2$ or 3$ per 100$ so it's worth it. I've never had an issue so far but you never know.

And take as many photos and describe the item as best as you can. This will make it harder for them to take advantage of you.

With all that said check out Reverb. It's much better! And I've sold two expensive guitars on there without any issues.