Question about Tremol-Nos and other similar products

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Masoo2, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

I'm considering picking up a new guitar with a floyd, but had a question about how tremol-nos and other similar products can be used:

Lets say I tuned my guitar to B standard (seven string) with the floyd in full up/down mode.

I switch to the blocked position on my tremol-no/similar and change the tuning to Monument's/TesseracTs tuning (Bb F Bb Eb F Bb Eb), changing the pitch of every string (or nearly every string) up or down. Much more than simply tuning to Drop A.

I switch back to the original tuning that the Floyd was set up in, and set the tremol-no/similar back to full up/down mode.

Would that work without going out of tune/messing everything up?

Sorry if this is worded funky, I'm just trying to figure out if a tremol-no/similar does what I want it to. If it does that would be great :yesway:

For reference the guitar in mind is the new Patty (Reflections) sig from Legator and will be set up in Drop F, but changed to whatever Glass Cloud tunes in frequently (Some odd Drop C-type tuning with a low F, it's weird).

JohnnyBegood69 likes this.
  2. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

I don't see why not. The block would stop the trem from being pulled further by the springs and sharpening the other strings.

3. DarthV

DarthV SS.org Regular

Tremol-no uses a couple small set screws to do the job and they can only handle so much change in total string tension before they will slip.

4. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

You could, theoretically, put another block on the bar of the tremelno to increase its resistance.