PRS Torero SE [Have G.A.S. Will Travel]

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by PirateMetalTroy, Feb 17, 2011.

1. PirateMetalTroy

PirateMetalTroy The Tooth Fairy

I've been eyeballing one of these in town for a bit. The one in the store really needs a good setup and my strings on it before I can get a REALLY good idea of how well we'll get along. I'd REALLY like to take it home for a week and get comfy with it, but stores don't really do that...ever.

I'm pretty sure it'll jive with me tonally (all my other guitars are maple neck-thrus with mahogany bodies, EMG's and floyds. I'd just like to hear stories from people who own them or have played them extensively enough to give a reasonable comparison to mid-range ibby models (all mine are the RGT42 variants). let's keep it to personal experience only, please.

[​IMG]

Pics for people who have not seen it (because it's sexy).

2. MesaENGR412

MesaENGR412 #3 Forever

I own two of them, and the other guitarist in my band has one as well. I love them. They play great, sound great, stay in tune really well and hold up on the road with temperature and climate changes. I also love the neck shape, and I came from playing ESP/LTD MH's and Ibanez RG's (year 2000 MIJ's with Wizard I and II necks). I highly recommend the Torero. I play in drop B and they handle it with ease. Here are some pics and links that showcase mine :shred::
    Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I installed the black hardware on the red one.

Videos:
    Rig Demo with Torero

Talking about the guitar

Studio Video

Watch starting around 2:40

SHAMELESS PLUG :nuts::scream::squint:
    On a side note, my band is giving one away in a contest that is running with the pre-orders of our new cd:
    [​IMG]

PREORDER HERE

-AJH

3. stryker1800

stryker1800 Sweet Pickle

I love mine, I changed the pickups out cause I don't like EMG's but even with the EMG's the guitar sounded incredible and of course I love the way it plays.

4. Tristoner7

Tristoner7 SS.org Regular

Amazing value for money, I have the Trans-black one and its worth every penny. I say get it.

5. metalvince333

metalvince333 Gear Whore

amazing guitar! really really thin neck, so if youre used to Ibanez thats perfect! the only problem I have with this guitar is that its pretty heavy but Im used to super light guitars (hufschm(I)d and ltd ec-256). Its awesome, has great substain and plays great with low action so seriously if the weight isnt a problem, go for it 200%.

6. Darren James

Darren James SS.org Regular

Sexy guitar indeed!!!!!!! I love these guitars and agree with the above. Wishful thinking has me wanting one of these in a 7 string model.

7. Rook

Rook Electrifying

I really like the Toreros, it's got a really nice, solid, well made feel to it (as most SE's do) and it sounds nice and fat. The trem is very good, very stable, the whole guitar has a nice weight - not schecter heavy but not crazy light.

Very cool guitars that I can imagine are very easy to get on with for most people.