PRS Exclusive 50pc Run of SE Custom 24 6 and 7-Strings @ The Axe Palace

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by zimbloth, May 14, 2015.

1. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

Welcome to the exclusive Paul Reed Smith / Axe Palace Group Run of SE Custom 24 6 and 7-string guitars. These two limited edition SE Custom 24 and SE Custom 24 7-string models are unique to the Axe Palace and will not be available with these specs anywhere else. 25 of each model/color will be produced and are available with some sweet features and optional upgrades.

Features include:

- Quilted Maple Top w/ Matching headstock veneer
    - Ebony Fingerboard (24 fret)
    - Natural back
    - Mahogany body
    - Maple Set-Neck (Satin Finish)
    - Full White Binding (Body/Neck/Headstock)
    - PRS Bird Inlays
    - Wide-Thin neck shape
    - 25" scale length
    - PRS, Bare Knuckle, DiMarzio, or Lundgren pickups
    - Optional PRS/Sperzel Locking Tuners
    - PRS Gig Bag or optional PRS USA hard case
    - Available in 6 or 7-string, 2 colors each (see below for examples)
    - Only 25 of each model/color will be produced then never again.

The guitars start at $769.99 for the CU24 6-string and $799.99 for the CU24 7-string. The minimum deposit is 50%, with the remainder due upon completion (est. 2-3 months). You can put down your deposit on our website here or by PayPal'ing sales@axepalace.com. Contact me with any questions/inquiries!

You can choose from the following finishes (click or see below for color examples. Pictures FOR REFERENCE ONLY):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can also specify the tuning and string gauge you'd like it setup with, optional pickup installations, as well as if you want to add locking straps or things of that nature.

Please be aware since this is a custom made guitar, all sales are final and no deposits can be refunded once the build starts.

celticelk, asher and gunshow86de like this.
  2. celticelk

celticelk Enflamed with prayer

I'd love to have an ebony fingerboard SE 7, but I'm really not into quilted tops. If a plain black top was an option, I'd make a down payment right now. (I get it that this is a not-to-be-repeated limited edition; I'm just offering input for consideration on future projects.)

3. zimbloth

Nah, we'd never do a run of black gloss ones. Too plain and ordinary for a limited run model. The only way to get a lot of people to jump into this kind of thing is to offer something a bit more exotic. Sorry you don't like it though man. If you change your mind, hit me up! :)

4. BigViolin

BigViolin SS.org Regular

Hi Nick, what's the fretboard radius? Also, any bridge options or just the normal PRS trem?

5. zimbloth

Anything we didn't specify means its model default. Not sure what the radius is. Most likely 12 or 14". The only options are the ones specified on our website order page (pickups, tuners, straps, etc).

Also here are a couple mockups of the 7-strings. 6-string ones to follow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ESPImperium

ESPImperium @ESPImperium

Might be interested, if you can put a chrome covered Di Marzio Ionizer (Bridge) and a chrome covered PAF 7 in the neck with the Ibanez style 5 way switching/PRS 5 way switching, depending on the cost of shipping to the UK, i may be in for the Trampas Green 7 strings with a Hardcase.

If all of that, with import charges can come to less than £800, it may be something that interests me lots. I know you guys are good as i got my Tremonti from you last year.

7. Alex6534

Alex6534 SS.org Regular

If this was 25.5 I'd have snapped one up :(

8. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I've been following the development of this run through facebook but I'm still not 100% sold if it'll be worth it buying from EU/UK. I saw all the work that went into getting this done and I assume the negotiation has been quite tough with PRS. But it's coming around £200-250 more than the stock models here and with tuners, case, pickups it comes in the Ormsby GTR territory (and more) or a reasonably specced Carvin. I'm not trying to put these down just thinking out loud.

What wasn't clear and I don't know if you know that Zimbloth was if this will have a maple cap with a quilt veneer, just a quilt veneer or an actual quilted maple cap (which I doubt at this price point). Also what would be the additional cost to swap the hardware to black?

9. zimbloth

Yeah we could do the DiMarzio set for you no problem. Shipping would be about $100-150 depending on method used. Import taxes will be minimal at best.

If you're tuning to A or higher, 25" is fine.

It will be a veneer, which just means its a thinner slice, but still legitimate quilted maple (not photo quilt or anything). For a $750 guitar its hard to expect much more. You don't have to opt for every single upgrade. Even with the pickup upgrades its still around $1000 USD or less. You don't need a $200 PRS case to enjoy this guitar.

10. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

11. zimbloth

Ours is a quilt, not flame. Also fully bound body neck and headstock. Yes matching quilt headstock. Satin back of neck finish. Also optional pickup and tuner upgrades. So besides the fact we did this run before that model was announced, theres plenty different about it. Plus ours are limited to only 25 per color (25 amethyst 6-strings, 25 amethyst 7-strings, 25 blue matteo 7-strings, 25 trampas green 6-strings).

I hope that helps!

12. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk SS.org Regular

Ah, so all the trampas green 7 strings are getting the amethyst now? Okay, good, that's what I wanted. I can stop hounding you for an answer. ;-)

13. zimbloth

Yes, we ordered 25 Amethyst 7-strings and 25 Blue Matteo 7-strings. Still a few slots available :)

14. Dusty Chalk

Yeah, I saw that, I'm already in, but other people may want to know that there are a few more spots.

:hbang:

15. AboutBlank

AboutBlank SS.org Regular

So, the trampas green isn't available as a 7?!

16. zimbloth

Nope, no one who voted for it actually ended up buying it, so we replaced it with a color I knew would be popular and its worked out much better. The 7s are available in Blue Matteo and Amethyst only.

17. Dusty Chalk

Any updates on this? I emailed you, but I didn't see a response. (I wanted to pay the other 50%.)

18. zimbloth

Sorry about that. You can PayPal us at sales@axepalace.com or call 508-921-9973.

19. Dusty Chalk

Well, no, I'd rather not paypal a non-responsive email address. I'll wait until it's done.

20. zimbloth

Don't know what to tell you. Thats where I get all my emails, to which I reply hundreds a day, and get all our payments to. Try again, or give us a call if you're having a problem getting through.