Problems with new interface. Help please!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by jason_shredz, Feb 28, 2018.

1. jason_shredz

jason_shredz SS.org Regular

So, picked up a brand spanking new audio interface the other day (tascam US16x08) . It works fine for tracking and monitoring. I tracked some guitars and was having a good ole Time after I got it setup. Haha. Jumped over to another project to work on a mix ive been playing with and every time I try to open an instance of Slate VMR, the audio cuts out and The meters on the channels start just bouncing randomly. The only way to make it work again is to go into preferences > device/driver reselect the driver for the interface and press okay. Its not deselecting the driver but I have to just go in theret and click okay. Hooked up my old interface (Line 6 UX1), selected the driver's for it, and it was working fine. Is there some setting that I'm missing with the new interface or something? I'm completely confused. It seems like it's only slate VMR that causes it to do that. Other plugins seem to be working okay. Do I email slate? Do I email tascam? I'm stumped. I use REAPER for my daw if that helps on a PC with an i7, 8gb of ram, and 1tb HDD.

2. jason_shredz

Also.may be worth nothing that the installer was running really funky when I installed the driver's and control surface software for the interface. Like it completely locked my computer up for around ten minutes but then finished as usual.

3. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Just a hunch, check your sampling rate settings between the two projects. If they're at different rates, that could cause screwy performance between the two.

jason_shredz likes this.
  4. jason_shredz

I'll check that out when I get home later. Thanks .

5. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear Vendor

It's possible the Slate VMR is pushing your CPU usage maybe? Try increasing your latency/buffer rate setting if this plugin is too demanding for your system.
    Not sure though, usually such an issue just stalls the project, not causing a need to reselect drivers or anything.

jason_shredz likes this.
  6. jason_shredz

I thought that as well, so I pulled up the windows performance meter and it didn't spike when I tried to open VMR. I tried increasing my buffer settings because I had just gone from a tracking session to a mix session, thought that could've been it. I also checked my sample rates like someone earlier in the thread had suggested, but evertheverwas the same. Got it from Sweetwater. Gonna give their tech support a call here in a little bit. Hopefully they can help me sort it out. Will update later. Wish me luck .Haha.

7. jason_shredz

So.... I feel dumb.... It was my USB port swapped it and everything is running great.

8. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

:metal: Good news.

jason_shredz likes this.