Preacher

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Emperor Guillotine, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

Just finished watching the Season 1 finale that aired tonight, and I was just curious if anyone else has been watching this new AMC series? It is an adaptation of the Preacher comic book series that was published in 1995-2000. It's dark, bloody, humorous (if you don't mind dry wit or if you have a dark sense of humor), and loaded with whacky idiosyncrasies.

The show has been renewed for a second season that is slated to air in 2017.

2. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

They've made Preacher into TV series? That'd be interesting to watch but I don't know how much of the f.ucked up stuff in the comic will be incorporated on the series. I liked the comic books even though I think it sometimes had violence and showed depravity just for the sake of it, like to drive a point with a sladge hammer throuthrough the face.

3. Dcm81

Dcm81 SS.org Regular

Still on the fence with it. I'll be watching the finale later today.
    I find they kinda got the tone of the comic right and Cassidy is spot on. But already one whole season spent in the church.....when does the Goddamn road trip start?

It's been a while since I read the comics but didn't Genesis posses Jessi and destroy the church and it's congregation in the very first pages? Then we pretty much find out straight away that God's ....ed off and that's it - road trip beginneth!

4. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

^I haven't read the comic for a while but what your spoiler says was a flashback during the first issues, if I remember correctly and the story starts with them on the road trip.

5. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

Sounds like you just need to watch the season finale.

The character of Cassidy is something that just MAKES the series for me. Joseph Gilgun's portrayal of Cass is so spot-on.

6. Dcm81

Dcm81 SS.org Regular

Ok just watched the finale and was very pleased! Definately the right direction.

And Emperor you are so right. Gilgun plays him so spot on it's amazing!