Pre show warm up?

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by justreleased09, Aug 29, 2010.

1. justreleased09

justreleased09 SS.org Regular

hey guys? I was wondering what you guys do for a quick warm up before a show? When I play, alot of the songs have technical parts and I do not have time to spend an hour getting it together. What you guys do for this problem? I wanna be able to play loose and to the best of my ability during the show.

2. Daggorath

Daggorath -.-

I've heard of many people starting by submerging their hands (inside gloves) into very hot water for a brief period of time, just to warm the muscles up.

They I guess the best practice is to play the most challenging parts of the songs you're going to play.

3. SkullCrusher

SkullCrusher SS.org Regular

I just drink beer!

4. Evil7

Evil7 LowCrushingMetal

:cheers:

Sometimes I dont warm up, but when I do.. I basicly just do tremolo picking/alternate picking on each string and 3 finger random rolls forwards and backwards to get my hand loose. Then I run through some of our material to check to see if my chops are up to par..... Nothing really technical.

5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Stretch the muscles in your wrists, hands, forearms, upper arms, and shoulders. It'll get blood flowing (always a good thing) as well as limber you up for live performance. If it's cold, keep your hands underneath your arms, in your arm pits, until you go on stage, it's the warmest place on your body to place your hands.

6. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

The warmest politically correct one. :p