Practice Help!!

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by Killteox, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Killteox

Killteox SS.org Regular

Hey guys I've been playing for about 15 years now but not at a level that reflects that amount of time.
    I want to improve my technique and most definitely my theory knowledge which is extremely limited.
    I'm really into artists such as Plini, Intervals, Sithu Aye, Sam Birchall, Arch Echo etc. If anyone could recommend a good place to start in regards to being able to play and write in this style other than just learning the songs themselves and any good resources to learn theory to help a better understanding of the music.

2. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky SS.org Regular

I use this site everyday
    http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/
    I had theory knowledge, but could never see the big picture and how it connected until I found this site. The first 2-3 days on this were mindblowing for me.

These days, I'll come up with a riff and plug it into the reverse scales, find the scale, then go to scales. I use that as my guide and can usually see lots of arpeggios and modes this way to get complimentary riffs and leads going. Hope this helps!