PR/Achievement Thread!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by guitaardvark, Jun 16, 2014.

1. guitaardvark

guitaardvark SS.org Regular

What did you achieve this week/month?

Today I set a PR on deadlifts: 335! I'm not sure if I'm a DYEL anymore or not :lol:
    Also I started the whole fitness thing a year ago on the first of this month, and splurged and bought myself some adidas adipowers. I still don't believe myself to be strong enough to justify wearing them, but I stuck with this lifting stuff for a whole year, and have seen some very powerful physical and mental improvements.

What have you accomplished?

Winspear likes this.
  2. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Last Saturday hit a 370 deadlift PR. My two other PRs are 301 for squat, and 185 for bench. I haven't tried to hit anything higher on bench in probably two months, but I know it's higher now, considering my working set is 170. Gonna have to try with a spot this week.

Also, congrats on the DL PR! It's an awesome feeling. Makes me want to deadlift even more.

3. guitaardvark

guitaardvark SS.org Regular

Thanks dude! I know you can do it! I benched 225 not too long ago as a PR and squatted 335. You're obviously stronger than I am because of deadlift (I had horrible form and posture issues that set me back majorly). Go for it!

4. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

205 on the bench today. Feeling 215 next week.

5. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Nice :D

Me and my buddy doing the regional competition here had our 4 week out meet today. I hit my goals of 160kg squat and 180kg deadlift but bench was pretty tough, managed to put up 97.5kg after failing it on my 2nd attempt. I'm at weight now - actually under (73.5kg) so that's good. I'm jumping back into the plan I just finished for the next 3 weeks but I'm skipping the first two weeks of it so tomorrow squatting 3x3 @ 145kg is going to be interesting :lol: