Postcard from the land of polymeters!!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by in-pursuit, Apr 17, 2012.

1. in-pursuit

in-pursuit SS.org Regular

I dug up my old PC from the studio I work at and decided to see if there was anything on the hard drive worth salvaging, and looky what I found!! All the songs I was working on at the time this PC was abandoned were all put together in FL studio long before I had realised the benefit of the piano roll, and the samples I was using for the drums were HORRENDOUS!!!

So I polished it up a bit to see how it sounded and I kinda like it, added a bassline and some strings to flesh it out a bit. Minimal mixing as usual, feel free to offer advice you think might be useful. Theres another 6-7 tracks I found that I might use and share later, if anyone is in need of a bit of a laugh I'll post the original version :lol:

Moom by Frogherder on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

2. MartinMTL

MartinMTL SS.org Regular

Man, I am finding some good stuff here today. I find this really nice, especially when this site is usually filled with just metal. It has a nice jazzy feel. Any chance of being able to download it?

3. in-pursuit

Probably not until I'm a bit happier with the quality of the recording and once it has vocals. I'm working towards a "name your price" ep download kind of thing but still working on wrangling up a singer at the moment to finish things off. Thanks for the kind words though man, feel free to check out my other tracks on soundcloud and let me know what you think :) I now have a facebook too, if you're into that sort of thing.

4. MartinMTL

MartinMTL SS.org Regular

^Definitely will be checking it out!

5. in-pursuit

6. Phalanx

Phalanx SS.org Regular

I'd be incredibly interested in listening to this music if it was recorded with actual guitar and bass. It'd sound amazing.

7. MF_Kitten

MF_Kitten Set up us the bomb

record the different instrument parts with guitars and bass instead of software instruments. Do it. Seriously.

8. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

I'm actually digging the synth instruments, piano and bass sound great.
    Sounds like it should be in the intro/title screen for a video game.