Post Your GAS

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Scar Symmetry, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Older.

Crash Dandicoot and narad like this.
  2. narad

narad SS.org Regular

I had a ton of Roccafortes back in the day (2008-ish). Built really well but they never really did it for me because they're stupid loud. Like 5% volume was vibrating things hanging on the walls in my house. I kind of wonder what things would be like today with all the attenuator/load box options.

Now Wizard is on my list. Actually where did you find that pic? I was asking around on Rig-talk for more pics of that one with the reddish tolex, thinking I imagined it.

3. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Damn that's the kind of scenario where my wet dreams take place :fawk: very curious to hear one in person, but impossible I fear, not many here in Europe.:shrug:

I got the pic from here
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...rd-modern-classic-ii-mc50-best-offer.1622603/

4. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Ah, I think that one was on reverb last month, but described as "brown" tolex so I passed. Same year, same watt.

I will say that one night playing around with the axe-fx I and the roccaforte jenelle I wound up with this amaaaazing dumble-esque sort of tone, but however I routed the signal was a complete fluke and probably technically incorrect, and I was never able to recreate it. Memorable enough that I'm talking about it ~9 years later! But I sold it to a guy in Tokyo for a pittance... $1700 IIRC.

5. AxiomXIII

AxiomXIII SS.org Regular

Currently GASing for a used Schecter Km7 Mkii and a Helix lt.
    Just need to know if the Schecter Is worth the price etc

6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

I want an eII horizon in reindeer blue. Tried one in GC a couple of days ago and the fit/finish was awesome.

feraledge likes this.
  7. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

8. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Depends on the other choices you have in your price range. KMs usually have decent electronics that many prefer to change, but the guitar itself it's quite rad

9. Ikke

Ikke A Dream Cartographer

Logged on after a long time just to say:

If you're talking about the faded blue sky Horizon that was in the Rhode Island GC used section. DON'T BUY THE HORIZON. IT'S BUSTED. I know because I inquired about it a year ago. The neck is warped even though they're listing it as excellent condition. Unless you knew that. Then carry on.

10. Crash Dandicoot

Crash Dandicoot » Supra-ise!

Well, shit. I haven't finalized the deal yet - your certain this is the same instrument? How did you find out the neck is warped?

11. Ikke

It took a bit of pestering/nagging. Long story short though, I kept asking them why it was sold. And after a while the dude told me that it had a warped neck. I even manage to talk to the original dude that sold it. I can send you all the proof I have (pics of the guitar, email chain with GC, and/or conversation with original seller) if you like.

EDIT: And if you get them to tell you the SN of the guitar, I can tell you whether it's the one I was looking at.

12. Crash Dandicoot

Weeeeeell isn't this a development. I'll be discussing this with them and not purchasing it. If you wouldn't mind sending that info I'd appreciate it.

Sigh... I wish they still made the Original Horizon series in that finish / configuration. No tears, only dreams now...

13. Ikke

Sure will do! And sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I felt like it'd be bad juju to let a fellow ESP owner get bamboozled

feraledge likes this.
  14. Crash Dandicoot

Nothing to apologize for, Ikke. You saved me from a large disappointment. The search continues!

feraledge likes this.
  15. Ikke

I had also been looking for (and still am looking for) that specific Horizon in Faded Blue Sky. It seems to be quite difficult to find though. I see red ones pop up every now and again. If I ever find another FBS Horizon, I'll be sure to let you know!

Crash Dandicoot likes this.
  16. binz

binz SS.org Regular

Dineley, sirbuh and ThePhilosopher like this.
  17. KnightBrolaire

[​IMG]
    Axe palace is saying they'll do a ltd ex run. my body is ready, my wallet is not.

18. Gravy Train

Gravy Train Night Fiddler

19. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I always though that shape looked bit off to me, like a bad attempt to a explorer, and yeah I know about the lawsuit. But with this color combo it actually looks pretty sweet. Not fully sold on the reverse headstock tho, but looks far better than the 3+3 one they had used.

Maybe ESP should start looking into these limited runs to see what people likes, instead of slapping everything in gloss black and white

20. KnightBrolaire

for me the reverse headstock is the main thing that makes me want it, though the blackburst top makes my guitar boner go flaccid. If it came in another color *cough* reindeer blue *cough* I would order it in a heartbeat