Possible Pickup Forum - seperate from general tech

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by djpharoah, Feb 27, 2008.

1. djpharoah

djpharoah Awwww Yeaaaah Super Moderator

Dunno if this is me but I have been noticing a lot of threads going into the 7 string forum when they deal with pickups and which pickups to choose. I think a lot of people are cross posting as the 7 string forum has the most traffic and thus there is a better chance of getting the threads answered? Or they could just not be reading the rules?

Maybe make the 7 string forum just about guitars instead of everything about 7s?

:2c:

2. Apophis

Apophis Banned

Could be nice idea :agreed:

3. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

4. playstopause

playstopause Contributor

He's just saying that people should post in this forum instead of making threads that ask about pickups, etc. in the "7-strings guitars" forum. Threads about pickups (as an example) have a better chance of being answered in the "Pickups, electronics, & General Tech" than in the "7-strings guitars" forum, wich is already quite loaded with threads of all sorts (other than specifically guitars).

Mesh, it's your title that's confusing (i guess). :)

5. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

Yeah, I agree. If it's pickups and electronics, it should be posted in pickups and electronics. :shrug:

6. djpharoah

djpharoah Awwww Yeaaaah Super Moderator

Sorry - didnt mean to confuse anyone. Just want to add before I say anything that Chris does a bang up job and this is merely a suggestion.

I just think maybe the descriptions on the 7 string forum should be more precise and detailed instead of saying 'anything to do with 7s'. A lot of people read this and then decide to post in here but the thread belongs in Pickups and General Tech. Maybe the 7 string forum description could be "7 String guitars chat only" ? I really dont know how to specify it further. It just seems to me that the members who have been here for a while post correctly but the new members who start continue to do so in the wrong forum. Just think it could be more efficient especially since people searching for answers could find older threads that could have their questions answered but currently cant because they are posting in the wrong sub forum. Especially with all the threads on "which pickup(s) for my ...." threads or which pickup combo.

Again - just suggesting - its just my innate love of efficiency thats got me suggesting this.

Thanks.

EDIT: ya my title on this one is... well.. :lol: