Pope says that "child rape isnt that bad"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by thedarkoceans, Nov 25, 2011.

1. thedarkoceans

thedarkoceans Banned

Origin likes this.
  2. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

Dog haven't you been watching world news... Pizza is a vegetable. This comes as no surprise. Everyone is losing their fucking minds. Plus, don't Catholic priests just get transfered for fucking children?

... "There are no children in THIS church..." right...

3. BucketheadRules

BucketheadRules Fuzz pedal hoarder

What an awful human being.

You're right, organized Christianity and Catholicism is a cancer on humanity... we need some major spiritual chemotherapy IMO.

4. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

^ Like genocide? Brainwashing, perhaps? Careful... :lol:

5. BucketheadRules

I didn't mean it like that! :D

I'm not advocating genocide against Christians. I'd never say that.

It's not the believers who are to blame, not even so much the faith itself (the Bible is great if you just take it as a book of teachings (love thy neighbour, do unto others etc), instead of following it as a faith).

It's the corrupt and sometimes even genuinely insane priests, bishops and sect/cult leaders who spoil it all.

I know there's no real way of making this next thing happen, but IMO it's a religion that's best quietly forgotten.
    The world would be a better place without it.

That doesn't mean brainwashing either. There's no way of losing it as a religion, as I've said. I just wish it would go away.

6. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

I kind of don't see at all how he said "child rape isn't that bad", or anything even similar... Believe me, I almost despise the church, so I would be delighted if he said that.. But that's not even the point he was getting at, seemingly. Maybe I'm misreading something.

7. BucketheadRules

I think it's awful that he even hinted that it didn't used to be as much of an issue.

Even if that's true (which I doubt it is) it still reeks of him attempting to justify paedophilia in the church.

8. Dvaienat

Dvaienat SS.org Regular

The Christian faith isn't to blame in this instance, since 'God' states in the Bible that paedophilia is an abomination. Rather, the Pope's twisted view of matters is at fault. Either way, paedophilia is abuse of children's rights and the Pope's almost condoning of it is despicable.

9. BucketheadRules

Maybe not in this instance. But in most others :D

Agree with the rest of your post though.

10. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

Well my dad was really old...born in the 30s. Even though he marched on Washington he used to refer to black people as "coloreds". He was the least racist person I know but at the same point it was due to the racial zeitgeist of his era....

Soooo... I can totally agree with the Pope... I mean don't we all remember back in the day when child rape was cool? No? Oh wait nevermind I was thinking of something else... I'm pretty sure child rape has always been bad... except, you know, in the bible:

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT) If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14) As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB) Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished.

(2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB) Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'
    Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die."

11. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

The terms "child rape" and "shocker" both appearing in that headline made me double-take.

12. daemon barbeque

daemon barbeque Banned

Hmmm.
    Even if pedophilia would be normal, the priests are still not allow to have sex, let have gay sex. And, it's not sex with a kid, it's rape. It has no similarity to the old greek or roman "practices".
    What he does is making everything worse, and prooving the "opinion" that him and other high animals protect their priests, even stop police from investigating it.

This scum is a burden to the earth.

13. ArkaneDemon

ArkaneDemon SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

:ugh:

Wait isn't this the pope who was a Nazi? Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

But it probably is :lol:

14. Adam Of Angels

Yeah, I really, really dislike the pope, and I don't support this speech of his.. But, I'm just saying, he didn't say child rape was ok.

15. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

Yep.

16. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis WWSD?

Once again sensationalism is the order of the day. The Pope didn't say that abusing kids was alright or condoned. That wasn't what he was saying.

Furthermore, it could be argued that since sexuality is still rather mysterious, we don't in fact know what's normal or not. Is it right? Of course not..is it "normal"? Define normal. Something may be odd when considering the cultural rules of the given land, but not exactly abnormal.

17. Adam Of Angels

Well, when something seems to be occurring frequently amongst a particular society, it is technically, relatively normal. That is what the pope is saying. People are just sensitive.

18. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis WWSD?

It's the Pope. It makes a much more fun story to say "The Pope says Pedophilia is A-OK!" Than the actual truth. I'm starting to notice that more and more with news threads.

You ARE aware that you sound just as bad as the lunatic Crosstitutes who think that everything non-Christian is a plague unto humanity right? The issue isn't religion, it's people. If religion never existed this would still be going on in some other form. Don't blame a system that other people benefit from just because others pervert it for their own ignorant purposes.

19. murakami

murakami Banned

i feel that all religion has lost touch with it's intial, principal standards.

i know a lot of buddhist at my former temple that prayed for superficial
    things like winning the lottery, getting a good job. cars etc...
    it's retarded.

20. daemon barbeque

daemon barbeque Banned

Pope should be the last person to talk about it in this way. He didn't say it was ok, be he implied it was actually not that bad before. He even tries to say "nothing is just evil". So his priests where doing something bad maybe, which was not that bad anyway, but god loves them all since they are good people.

If the POPE, who and his coworkers are in trouble with pedophilia, try to show it as somethig less "evil" than it is, I'm sorry but I see it as an attemp to make it easier to save their asses. Pope should shut up and cooperate with the police, not tell bullshit to the "sheep".