Pokemon X/Y Official Announcement (3DS)

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Sofos, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Gotcha. :yesway:

I've finished Victory Road, just gotta battle the Final 4/Champion now. My team main fight team consists of Snorlax, Delphox, Blastoise, Pidgey, Yveltal and Lucario (although ironically not the Lucario that the gym leader gave me :lol:) I'm spending some time training up a Raichu, a Doublade (who I will later evolve into Aegislash) and a grass pokemon who's name escapes me.

Do the other starter Pokemon that I didn't choose exist in the wild at all? Would like to get them as well.

2. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

They don't exist in the wild, but you'll get the water starter in the post game.

3. Xaios

Some points:
    - Beat the main storyline. Final group of Pokemon consisted of Delphox, Blastoise, Snorlax, Yveltal, Raichu and Doublade.
    - Caught my first shiny pokemon: a golden Geodude. Caught it on Victory road. Was touch and go though, because it appeared as part of a horde and hordes of geodude have a tendency to kill themselves with Magnitude.
    - Anyone wanna exchange friend codes?

4. Xaios

Boy was I ever right about Pokemon Y being easier than I had remembered older games being. Playing through Black 2 now, and the grind necessary in order to challenge gym leaders is FAR more noticeable. In general leveling during the plot takes much longer. The difference is definitely the changes they made to Exp Share.

5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Yeah, I completely forgot they changed the Exp Share. That did make the game 10x easier.

6. Xaios

Indeed. I find I do enjoy X and Y's take on things more though. A lot less otherwise pointless grinding required to keep up with the plot.

So, how bout dem friend codes? Mine is 4098-4568-9394.

7. TheHandOfStone

TheHandOfStone E♭M7(♭5)

We have a friend code thread that people have abandoned. Is it worth reviving, or should we just post them here from now on?

8. awesomeaustin

awesomeaustin hates neck pickups. Contributor

I say revive it. I'm looking for friend safaris.