Pokemon X/Y Official Announcement (3DS)

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Sofos, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

Finally got approval from the sis to post our friend code on the forum:

3754-6562-4772
    Name is: Shinji

We're mostly playing A Link Between Worlds now, while also being in the middle of final exams week, so not much on the Poke front right now... but as soon as those two are done with, we'll get back to playing Pokemon. You might see either Pokemon X or Y being played. I play Y, she plays X.

I still haven't finished the game. I'm in Coumarine City, right after having caught Yveltal. I'm not at a competitive level yet, but I do have a few strategies planned out after I beat the E4 and get my Pokemon to lvl 100 (I'm in absolute love with Greninja, Sylveon, Aegislash, and I'm looking for a Larvesta). I'll be adding the lot of you after life stops being a pain in the ass and lets me get back to playing Pokemon. :)

2. frogunrua

frogunrua Lord of the Afros

So what are your thoughts on shiny values? If you don't know what I am talking about, there is a method of finding your trainers shiny value of 1-4000 something. Using this method you can also find out the shiny value of eggs before they hatch along with ivs. If the value matches your trainers it will hatch shiny. Using this people have been posting there trainers values on forums and if you have an egg matching someones you ask them to hatch it for you producing a guaranteed shiny.

I think it is a great way for breeders to finally get there perfect iv pokemon to be shiny. The only downside here is that shinies will no longer be a rare thing.

3. Waelstrum

Waelstrum All Fourths Advocate

I got Pokemon Y for Christmas, and have been enjoying it so far.

4. TheHandOfStone

TheHandOfStone E♭M7(♭5)

FYI everyone, this might not work anymore. Someone modified the Instacheck software to analyze WiFi battles, and Nintendo thought this was uncool. I think the patch screwed up the ability to find shiny values as well.

5. frogunrua

frogunrua Lord of the Afros

I never even got it to work before they patched it but my friends did.

6. coreysMonster

coreysMonster So long, Germany!

I said I wouldn't waste money on a 2DS and Pokemon, I told myself I don't need it, I promised I'd save money instead of wasting it on games, and now I'm sitting here anxious to pick Fennekin and start kicking some Poké-ass once the 2DS and game come tomorrow.

The last console I bought was a Gamecube, I think I can justify buying a new system after all these years (at least this is what I'm telling myself to feel better about dropping 150€ on a handheld and Pokemon).

7. TheHandOfStone

TheHandOfStone E♭M7(♭5)

8. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

I thought some of you would like this:

That, plus all of the other incredible stuff that Nintendo is trying to pull off with this one game and I'm all

[​IMG]

9. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

I've been feeling particularly nostalgic regarding Pokemon lately since I started re-watching the anime on Netflix. The only game I'd actually played before now was Pearl, and I traded it away about 3.5 years ago along with my DS Lite for some Magic: The Gathering cards. And even though those cards have appreciated in value by quite a lot since I acquired them, I've regretted trading away that game and the DS ever since, because I quite enjoyed it.

So, yesterday I went and picked myself up a 3DSXL and a copy of Pokemon Y! I played for about 5 hours last night and I'm quite enjoying it, dare I say even more than Pearl. One of the nice surprises is that a lot more of the original Pokemon from Red & Blue appear in this game. That's something that I always regretted, having gotten into the game so late. Now I'm even talking to the guy that I traded my copy of Pearl to in order to get it back, so I can start getting some of the Pokemon off of it. I had a Luxray who was a badass. Hopefully he kept my old profile...

I also picked up Chrono Trigger DS for $10. Shwing! :D

EDIT: If anyone is in the know, I know that Pokemon Gold and Silver allowed you to go back to Kanto region. Do HeartGold and SoulSilver as well? If so, does that iteration of Kanto have all the original Pokemon like Red & Blue/FireRed and LeafGreen?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  10. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

Yup! Just be prepared to pay a little extra. They go used at Gamestop and eBay for like 50$!!!

11. Xaios

Damn! I guess I wasn't the only one who thought of that! :lol:

12. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Yep! You do both Kanto and Jhoto in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

This is probably a good time to be getting into Pokemon. Considering you've got Gen II and IV-VI playable on 3DS, and Gen III remake just around the corner, you can travel the whole Pokemon world with one device. And you can catch all the Pokemon pretty easily, too, with all the Gens compatible with one console. I'm excluding Gen I, of course, because a) it's all included in Silver/Gold, and b) it's for n00bs.

13. Xaios

Well, my buddy says he does still have my copy of Pearl and is willing to sell it back to me. Alas, he advised me that he did in fact wipe my original profile when he started playing, so I'm gonna have to see what's there and start fresh if I don't like it.

By the way, where the heck are all the electric Pokemon in Y? The only ones I've fought so far have belonged to trainers. I thought I'd caught a couple wild ones, only to discover they were other types using off-type attacks.

Also, SUPER glad I caught the Snorlax on the bridge. He (although I guess it's a she, but I refer to all my Pokemon as "he") is a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  14. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

There pretty much are none. Same with ground, rather disappointing.

15. Xaios

I've had a surprising amount of fun playing this game, it's actually been quite an enjoyable experience, certainly more fun than Pearl. There hasn't been nearly as much cave slogging which is always something I've hated, and what was there was far more directed and less trial and error.

Would anyone else agree that X/Y are easier games than Diamond and Pearl?

I just defeated Team Flare and captured the legendary Pokemon. Managed to do so without using my Masterball, BOUYA. On to compete for my last Gym badge.

One other question: The farthest I got playing Pearl was going through the gauntlet in order to get to the Pokemon league. I did that, but I never fought the Elite 4 or whatever they're called. Assuming I do that this time around, what comes after?

16. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I think Pearl will always be my favourite because it's the one I played most.

I don't think they've gotten easier, so much as I've gotten better at the games. Though, I've started using exclusively Premier Balls to catch Pokemon. It's expensive but worth it. The games may have gotten more straightforward, or directed as you say.

After the Elite 4 is the Champion and then the post-story.

17. Xaios

What all is involved in the post-story?

18. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

The post game is usually fairly unstructured, and is mostly what you make of it. It's a lot of Pokemon catching and doing any of the non-story distractions, like the Battle Chateau and things.

I haven't played much of the post game. I need to bring all of my Pokemon forward from Pearl and White/White 2 before I go catching 'em all.

19. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

The post-game is extremely disappointing in X/Y. There's no cool quests or anything, or battle frontier, etc. Nowhere to level grind either, minus the E4, but unlike BW, the E4's levels/teams don't change, sadly.

20. metaljohn

metaljohn SS's Only Dick Butt

I've found that the best places to level grind were the battle restaurants (sushi high roller and restaurant le wow). They're in Lumiose City.