Pokemon Sun and Moon coming Late 2016

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by StevenC, Feb 26, 2016.

1. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I imagine this demo will be a sidequest like most demos these days are. Probably only have Greninja, or a set party.

2. TheHandOfStone

TheHandOfStone E♭M7(♭5)

So who here played the demo? I thought it was a bit underwhelming, but it still has me excited for the main game. I'll actually get to go inside all of those buildings that are off-limits. :lol:

3. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Indeed, although Heart Gold and Soul Silver sell for more used now than they did new. :lol:

4. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

That demo was short!

If Bravely Second gives me a few hours, Pokemon can do better than that.

5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

So who's playing Sun and Moon?

Got mine yesterday and have put in a few hours so far. Really enjoying everything, the world feels very alive this time around and the formula changes make it feel very refreshing.

6. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

I'm having fun with Sun. Very refreshing take on the formula.

7. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

I really want to, but I really don't have the time right now for gaming, so I'm withholding gratification. I'll probably ask for it for Christmas.

8. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Or wait for Stars on Switch next year!

9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Just got done catching 'em all! 301/301

Game was fantastic. Easily the best game in the series. Never thought I'd say it about a Pokemon game, but the story and characters were great. The whole region and all the people just felt alive. I'd be happy just to play games with Hau, Lillie and Kukui travelling over Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos.

It would be nice if there was some DLC with another island with more Pokemon on it. With 801 Pokemon nowadays, importing the 500 I can't get from the other games is unfulfilling. DPP had 445 of the 493 Pokemon available when backwards compatibility was introduced, Black and White introduced 156 new Pokemon to keep you busy, and X and Y had 586 to catch despite a small number of new Pokemon.

Excited to see where the Alola story goes with the next instalment. There's a few mysteries and loose ends available. And the Diamond and Pearl remakes will fantastic if they can translate this quality.

10. TheHandOfStone

TheHandOfStone E♭M7(♭5)

I'm still playing through at my (very slow) pace. The game's been a lot of fun so far. I think I've only completed 4 or 5 trials, but my squad is already coming together. The highlight for me was probably encountering a wild level 9 Salamence on the first island. I didn't think they'd hand you something so powerful that early!