POD X3 Display Issue

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Masoo2, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

Just wondering if any of you guys have had this issue with your POD X3s before and found a solution.

I was messing around with my POD X3 and the bottom portion of the screen started to produce odd artifacts (random black lines appearing everywhere).

Then out of nowhere all information displayed on the screen disappeared. I've turned it on and off quite a few times, reinstalled the drivers, installed new flash memory (or whatever it says in Line 6 Monkey) but it still does not display anything.

The unit itself works fine, outputs sound perfectly and the knobs work as intended.

Any solutions? :L

2. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

That's the problem with digital gear, it's not always a quick "DIY" fix. If there's a loose connection, that's one thing but when a display goes wonky or a button/knob stops working, then that's a whole different problem. From the sounds of it, the led screen might have died on you. After all, the X3 series is kind of old (I have one myself). I'm thinking that you'll probably have to take it in somewhere to get it checked out since even the factory re-set didn't work.

3. Metalman X

Metalman X The Resplendent Sub-Human

Manchester, CT., United States Of Vinland
    This.

Thing about it being older, is for the price you'd probably have to pay for an authorized tech to replace the screen (which is where it sounds like this heading), you could probably just buy a replacement X3 for cheaper. Just back your stuff up and viola. And if thats too much a hassle, Eff the screen and just use the USB and software to edit your stuff (personally I always preferred this anyway and only used the screen to visually reference what patch I was on, and even thats a moot point if you got the rack and your using a Line 6 FCB unit).

I guess what I'm saying is, while thats a huge bummer, your not exactly screwed.

4. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

Yeah, I understand.

I've been using it without the screen for a little now, could easily get used to it.

Real shame though, because I've only had the POD for a few months.