POD HD Pro PA system Help

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by vildhjarta888, Nov 9, 2016.

1. vildhjarta888

vildhjarta888 SS.org Regular

OK so I got a POD HD Pro a couple of months ago and this Sunday at my church I want to perform (If they will let me) and I need help how to connect it to the PA System. Right now I connect to my practice amp so I don't have to use my headphones so what cables do I need? and do I use unbalanced or balanced outputs?

Hope you can help me.

2. Flemmigan

Flemmigan Snoofin' your gear

The POD has plenty of outputs based on what you need, but for connecting to a PA system the most likely scenario is to use a standard XLR cable (aka mic cable) to connect from the balanced output of the POD to the soundboard input.

If you still want to use your practice amp on stage, you could. I assume you're running an unbalanced output from the POD to your amp. Just make sure you have the cab enabled on the POD or it might sound a little weird through the PA.

3. vildhjarta888

4. Flemmigan

Flemmigan Snoofin' your gear

Yep, that'll do.

I would imagine your church has a bunch of them lying around, but I would check.

5. vildhjarta888

They probably do lol but they also have a lot of microphones so it's better to bring my own lol but thanks for answering my question lol