Plug That Shit! Current Projects:

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by Christopher, Oct 7, 2005.

1. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

Congrats bro!

2. Christopher

Christopher Total Rondo Addict! Contributor

Yeah, that's you my friend. Actually when I started this thread you were on vacation.

3. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

I'm in a 'band' with my 2 friends, but since the drummer is stuck doing statics all the time we never get around to actually meeting...so that's why we're a 'band', lol.

4. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

HALLOWEEN PARTY IN TACOMA, WA....THIS SATURDAY!

[​IMG]

5. telecaster90

telecaster90 Smokestack Lightning Contributor

Thanks!

6. SevenString

SevenString RJ-D0 : Heavy Metal Droid

7. nitelightboy

nitelightboy I poop in shoes. Contributor

Right now I'm in hard core group, think Slipknot riffs, Kittie vox, and some minor shred(nothing too impressive, still getting better tho). I'm trying to start up something a little more Children of Bodom-ish, but it's hard to find peeps down here that aren't into Pittbull and Ludacris, so yeah..... :hbang:

8. eleven59

eleven59 None shall pass. Contributor

Lately:

-working on finishing up recording new songs with my band
    -working on new riff ideas for my band (lately influenced by Sevendust and Opeth equally, along with Fantomas, Team Sleep, and more atmospheric stuff)
    -getting ready for a show at a shitty club on New Years Eve (we hate the place and the people who run it, no one we know will want to go because they also hate the place, and we're getting screwed out of a lot of money, but hey, it's a show)
    -getting ready for my term project next semester (a cover of "Epic" by Faith No More, with two drummers on two drumkits, among other alterations to the original song, and mixed in 5.1)

9. telecaster90

Change in direction! We decided to be a punk band after all after a sweet jam. I'm now playing bass becuase I can't write punk songs for crap :lol:

But I plan on doing these insane, techinial modal bass lines, so it should be good. Feel free to add our myspace!

www.myspace.com/pinkslipsc

10. garcia3441

garcia3441 Tone Whore Contributor

Trying desperately to translate the music I hear in my head to paper.
    Working 40+ a week.
    New girlfriend and a psychotic ex-girlfriend.

This is what is keeping me busy lately.

11. telecaster90

Alright, the punk thing was a phase. We are now post-hardcore with some metal influences and I am back on lead guitar, representing with the 7 string.

\m/

12. Ryou4Eighty6

Ryou4Eighty6 Banned

Im in hell right now actually, the weather's terri
    my band is from kuwait, its me my project is called Ryou4Eighty6.. after the abortion pill, My new album is called Circle7 after a Dante reference from the inferno. Its just me, but im going to get this mofo out on the road, and kick ass like. I go from meshuggah to radiohead-ish. My inspirations are godflesh, ministry, trey azagthoth ( vincent period ), carcass... but i dont try n sound liek anyone, i do my shit. I play two ibanez rg1527s. My timing is ODD.

13. eleven59

eleven59 None shall pass. Contributor

Got drums recorded in one kickass session for my "Epic" cover project, working on tracking down musicians:

-drums [X]
    -keyboards [X]
    -piano [X]
    -electric guitars [?]
    -acoustic guitars [ ]
    -bass [ ]
    -vocals [ ]

14. Cancer

Cancer Cancer:The Crucifuct

Work: Still working as a FileMaker Tech 9-5ish, and hate it. Severely.

Bands:

Vyral is recording album #1, during the month of February. We're all supernoobs to the computer recording thing, so this should be interesting...

Chapelblaque will be recording album #2 soon after. A solo (as in I'm by myself as opposed to solos) project, so that should be easier to do.

Girlfriend:nome currently. Still looking for the perfect woman, although at this point I'd settle for the perfect guitar (mahogany neckthru 7 string Agile w/actives and a LFR....hint hint hint).

Update 4/27

Well I quit Vyral on 4/25, things were getting ridiculous so I decided to take my toys and go home. Still saving money to get the new Mac so I can start recording the Chapelblaque stuff, and my "girlfriend" is moving to MD is September so we can actually make her Eurometal band (Sadhara) a reality, and hopefully not kill each other in the process.

15. angryman

angryman Djentleman

Mynydd y Garreg, Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
    Hi i'm the new guy but i thought i might as well join in & plug my Band too,
    The Bands's called Drag The Lake & we're based in Nottingham, England. We play a downtuned mix of old school thrash, Death Metal & good old sludgecore (ala Crowbar) we've done a few recordings but they're not of any great quality & we'll be entering the studio soon to record a 4 song ep
    check us out on myspace at

myspace.com/dragthelakeband

16. garcia3441

I'm currently working on a new solo project. A mix of Arabic, Indian, psychadelic 60's, and modern rock. As soon as I get something on disc I'll let everyone have a sneak listen.

17. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 - Forum MVP

Thought it was about time I posted in this thread. My band are getting very frustrated in the recording of our demo. Our original plan was to record 4 songs over 6 4hour sessions in the lead up to Christmas. Well, we had problems with the first couple of sessions, so had to scrap what was done during them. With the pressure of time/money we decided to just record 3 songs, a decision also influenced by the song we dropped being fairly new and us not being 100% confident that we'd got it nailed. We managed to get the music recorded for the 3 remaining songs before Christmas, but still need the vocals recorded. Our bassist isn't happy with his recording, so wants to re-record his parts.

First two weeks after Christmas we missed due to the mixing desk of the studio being sent off for servicing and coming back late. The next week was missed due to our singer being ill. We finally got back into the studio last Monday for a rehearsal. We'd not rehearsed our songs since mid-November so decided it'd be better to rehearse than turn up and expect our singer and bassist to be on top form. Just as well really, they've decided to remodel the studio without telling us.

While we can still rehearse, it's gonna be about a month before we can record anything. And builders estimates are always short of the actual time, so I think by the time we actually finsh recording and mixing it's gonna be the end of March or early April. We wanted this finished and out by now. We need this done so we can get more gigs. Suffice to say we're negotiating about the cost of the recording with the studio owner, as we're rather annoyed all this work is going on and nobody bothered to tell us.

18. garcia3441

The new plan will be a series of albums. Each will feature American hard rock blended with a different style of international folk music.

19. Roland777

Roland777 SS.org Regular

I've got a load of stuff I need to record - and a friend of mine has been kind enough to invite me into his studio as soon as I get my POD XT Live. I'm also trying out for said friend's tech-metal band (which I've been told plays in the style of Meshuggah's "Nothing"-era).

Post #800!

20. telecaster90

No longer in Addicts of Society. I quit becuase we weren't goin anywhere. I'm now in this Death Metal/Punk/New Wave band. I'm supposed to be meeting with the guys and out manager(!) Thursday.