Please recommend me something in the vain of...

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by turbo_4i4ka, Aug 13, 2018 at 2:19 AM.

1. turbo_4i4ka

turbo_4i4ka SS.org Regular

This band's album:

2. DLG

DLG not guthrie govan

not that familiar with them, but judging by this song, they sound like they are really into Faith No More and Mr. Bungle.

turbo_4i4ka likes this.
  3. turbo_4i4ka

Heard them both, but thanks for the suggestions nonetheless. :)

4. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Unhindered by Talent

5. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

If it's anything like FTM and Mr. Bungle (at work, haven't listened), there's a vast array of other bands with the same singer, Mike Patton...Fantomas, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom (featureing Kool Kieth and Massive Attack...and Norah Jones...). Dilliger Escape Plan, plus others.

turbo_4i4ka likes this.
  6. mikah912

mikah912 SS.org Regular

That's a tough one, but I'm going to make a recommendation far apart from anything anyone has suggested thus far.

Check out the band, Eleven. They're defunct as the female vocalist and keyboardist, Natasha Schneider, died of cancer in 2008. Her husband and co-lead singer and guitar player, Alain Johannes, went on to do a lot of stuff with Chris Cornell, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures and more. But Natasha definitely had the same vibe as the Stolen Babies vocalist.

Anyway, they put our 4-5 great albums and most of their stuff is on Spotify/Google Music/whatever streaming platforms. Due to the genericness of the name, you may have to search for both "Eleven" and the name of each album. They had a unique sense of melody among their peers in the 90s/00s alt-rock scene. Very complex and Beatle-esque, but they rocked too. Not quite metal, but the song you linked to didn't seem too "metal" either. Give them a whirl.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 2:30 PM
    turbo_4i4ka likes this.
  7. vilk

vilk Very Regular

in this case it's actually vein

KailM likes this.
  8. turbo_4i4ka

Thanks guys, I'll check out all suggestions tomorrow at work. :)

I have one response for you:

In all seriousness though, I know the meaning of both words and even double-checked the spelling before making this post. SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!

9. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Flemmigan likes this.
  10. rokket2005

rokket2005 SS.org Regular

Tub Ring. Their first three albums from Drake Equation through Zoo Hypothesis are all gold. Their keyboard player Rob Kleiner used to follow Mike Patton around the country on tours, now he engineers Sia.

Also, Dog Fashion Disco. They're more or less defunct though they did put out two kind of one off albums in like 2014-2015 I think. They also have a bunch of side projects including Polkadot Cadaver, El Creepo, etc. Pdot is probably the best of the bunch, but the quality of DFD from Anarchists of Good Taste through Adultery is way better than anything the side projects have released.

turbo_4i4ka likes this.