Playstation TV

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Ralyks, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Anyone have any experience with one of these things? I've been leaning towards getting a Vita for some time, but until I get money together for that, these appear to go really cheap, and it sounds like it would kill a few birds with one stone.

- I really want to go back and play Persona 4 Golden, seeing how Persona 5 is definitely my game of 2017 so far and could end up being one of the best games I've ever played
    - It sounds like it has remote play for PS4, so I could always bring it into the bedroom and continue my PS4 gaming
    - When asked about a Vita in general, the main question seems to be "Well, do you like RPGs?", to which I reply "Boy, do I ever!"

So yeah, anyone try a Playstation TV and think it'd be worth the $30 - 50 they appear to be going for? Or should I just hold off on an actual Vita?

2. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

I have one. I only use mine to play Playstation Classics on it and old PSP games.

3. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

If you can find one cheap it's a good deal but be warned that a number of Vita games flat out don't work on it.

4. Ralyks

I ended up grabbing one for 30 off of evilBay along with a 4GB memory card and Persona 4 Golden. I looked at the list of compatible games, I can live with the list, plus the cross buy games and PSone classics I've already purchased, and remote play will be useful too. I imagine P4G alone will take up plenty of time as it is.

That and depending how this goes, I may still grab a Vita to have something on the go (I'd go Switch for portable needs but that will probably occur around Mario Odyssey time).

5. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

i picked one up a few months ago and haven't had time to mess with it.

what size screen is yours?

6. Ralyks

I think you're thinking of the actual TV they made that has like a built in PS3 or something. This is a small box (think AppleTV) thats more or less a Vita on the inside, it just connects to your TV instead of being a handheld (think.... Super Game Boy?). But it can play Vita, PSP, PSone, and I think PS2 games? Plus remote play with PS4.

7. Ralyks

Looks like the PSTV and Persona 4 Golden are sitting in my mailbox at home. My memory card won't be here until monday, but I believe it has a GB of memory built in so that will suffice for the weekend.

I guess now would be the time to ask for any Vita recommendations.

8. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

im gonna have to look at mine closer cause i don't remember anything about a vita slot.

got pics of your? or a model number?

9. Ralyks

Should be right there on the side to open up, and a slot for a memory card in the back. I'll post a picture later. I was able to pop in Persona 4 Golden no problem.